Thursday, October 23, 2008

We FELT(y) the Love!!!

How adorable are these little candy corn hair felties?!?

I have made several "friends" through blogging (and reconnected with many friends, too (Angie!)!). I truly do think of my bloggies as "friends" whom I feel I know a lot about and I pray for them and think of them ... just like I do my real friends! It's so cool and I hope to someday meet some of them in person. One beautiful blogging friend I have is Lindsay.
I just love visiting her blog. She is a beauty in many, many ways! Also, she has an ADORABLE little girl named Bowen (visit her blog just to see this sweet little thing!).
Lindsay is amazingly talented! She totally makes me regret never really paying attention in home economics; and in turn, NOT learning how to sew!!!
Lindsay makes the most precious tutu's (among MANY other things!) and has a site on Etsy.

Well, how cool is this?
Lindsay sent these 'felties' to Hadlee!?! She wore them to Walker's soccer game and they were the HIT on the soccer field!!!

My pictures aren't the best, quite frankly, because Haddie Girl wasn't in the mood for mommy to take her picture that day!
Here she is, though, pointing at her felties from Bowen...

I would LOVE it if you would go by and visit Lindsay's blog. Unfortunately her mom, Mona, was just diagnosed with breast cancer (like two weeks ago). SO...Mona, Lindsay and the rest of their family have joined the club that NONE of us want to be a member of. Lindsay has done many posts about her beautiful mom and I have committed myself to praying them through this. Last year my sister had to wait to hear whether a tumor her doctor found was cancerous or not. A phone call like that can totally and completely ROCK your world in such a way that nothing is ever the same. My sister was very lucky (we'll just call it that for now)...unfortunately, Mona's call was not lucky at all. But there is HUGE HOPE & HUGE HEALING for Mona...
I just know it!
I hope you will join me in praying for Mona, Lindsay and the fight against cancer in general.

Prayers from Waco to Bham!!!
Thanks for the adorable felties, Lindsay & Bowen!
We FELT(y) the LOVE!

5 comments:

Beth E. said...

Praying for Mona, and also her family as she faces this diagnosis of breast cancer.

Thanks for letting us know about Lindsay's blog. I'll hop on over there.

The candy corn felties are adorable, especially on your little girl! :o)

Blessings from the Reeds said...

SOOO cute! Thanks for letting me know about Lindsay's blog too. I will add Mona to my prayer list and praying for her family too. Bless their hearts.

melanie, aka Mo said...

Hey Mindy. I slipped Ellie's felty barrette into the knot of a larger bow and it was so cute! Like an orange one! Just wanted you to know that this was a way to wear the felty AND a bow and make a big ol' statement! Hadlee looked so cute in all her fall get up. I wish I could find those crocs! They are so dang cute!

I think you and I and Lindsay should meet up someday. I was actually thinking maybe down at Gulf Shores. That is a LONG trip for you, but if you broke it up and maybe stayed a night here, it would be tolerable!

I have a condo there, and our girls would likely have a blast together. Actually, mine is a little small, but I think she could hang!

We need to think about this! It has been on my mind for a while! Melanie

angie said...

I am so happy to reconnect with you too!! And those felt candy corns are just so cute! I will add Mona to my list. Have a great Friday:)

Amanda said...

Praying for Mona! I LOVE Lindsay's blog! And Bowen is just to die for. How very sweet of them to send Miss Beauty some adorable felty candy corn for her hair! Even though she wasn't in the mood to have her picture taken she def wore those babies perfectly!! So cute you guys are. :) Good weekend to you and your family.

PS I'm doing a little better. Still not great.. it's all a day to day thing. Today, I can tell is going to be a good day! Thanks for thinking of me, Friend!