Friday, June 21, 2013

Aggie Youth Experience

  A few months ago, our good friends
(whom we met through Walker becoming friends
with their son!) let us know about a really
cool opportunity coming up at A&M
for future Aggies ~ The Aggie Youth Experience!
We were ALL about it and SO thankful
that the Perry's let us know!!!
A&M invites the first 500 youth from
the Aggie Youth Club to participate in
a day at Kyle Field with the football team!!!
Pierce Party of Five reporting in the
indoor practice facility!!!!!!!
Walker and Kian ~ Great friends!!!
(Walker told me last year that he and
Kian already had plans to room together
at A&M with another Aggie friend, Matthew.
That's how Aggies roll...making these
plans in the 3rd and 4th grade!  ha!)
The Perry's have become great friends...we
love their family.  This pic is with the oldest
Perry kid ~ Camden!  Such a sweet guy:)
Our three little Aggies!!!
The two little Aggies are wearing
Walker's old jerseys and Walker is in
his special #2 Manziel jersey!!!
A great day for an Aggie family:)
 
 Sweet Girl was so happy there!!!
Not a good sign for this secret Baylor mama!;)
KIDDING!!!  A&M is amazing.
The spirit and air there is something to behold!
Troy was especially happy over all of this!!!
I love my Aggie Guy:) with everything I have!
Gig 'em!!!
Then it was time for the boys to go off
to Kyle Field to watch the team scrimmage!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
As soon as they got into the stadium,
the boys ran into Swopes (an awesome former player
from last year...now in the pros!).  That was COOL!
Adorable Daelyn playing with Huds:) 
Seeing Johnny Football on the field was only the beginning!

After the scrimmage, they had the boys
come onto the field into different stations with
the A&M football players!!!

 

 


The players were so awesome to the boys!
Go Walkman!!!
Huds wanted to participate, too!
Not yet, Little Ag;)
Walker did awesome!!!
They did all different kinds of drills
and a huddle after each station!
Hudson wanted to be a part of this experience...
not a spectator!  ha!

Let me do it, guys!!!
More drills!  Lookin' good, Stud Muffin!!!
The players are HUGE!!!
This is Brandon Alexander.  He's 6'6"!
Daddy with his best girl at A&M!!!

Doesn't get much better than that
(for T-Dawg!)...
So, Walker's main goal of this day was
to meet Johnny Football.  Well, he was pretty
much covered up by handlers and such...
I guess so the kids wouldn't storm him.
There were also strict rules that there could
be no posed photographs with the current players. 
But while Walker was still doing drills like this...
and this...
Hadlee, Hudson and I decided to walk around.
And who do we run into?!?
Johnny Football Manziel himself!!!!!!!!
I immediately push Hudson to go up
and meet him, but Hudson REFUSED!
Like full on refusal!!!
So I look down at Hadlee and tell her to GO!
She didn't want to either!!!
It was hilarious...kinda...but not really;)
Finally she went and he was so sweet
to give her a hug!  Look at my bashful
little sweetie pie!!!  It was too cute!
Then Johnny Heismann himself
tried to talk Hudson into at least
giving him five!  Still NO luck!
The guys around Johnny were laughing
and saying this isn't usually the
reaction that Johnny Football gets!
Leave it to one of my kids;)
 Hadlee couldn't wait to show Walker
these pictures and tell him who she met;(
Walker didn't get too up-close to Johnny,
but he did get to be in a huddle with him...
That was pretty cool in itself!
 Johnny seems like a great guy:)
 Then Hudson decided he DID
want to meet Johnny afterall...
but Johnny was on his way off the field:(
 The last part of the day was hearing
Coach Sumlin speak to the boys!
 
 
 
 


That was awesome, too!!!
Hadlee and Hudson weren't so much into
Coach Sumlin's talk though...
Finally Hudson got to participate in some drills;)

On our drive home that night, I went through
the pictures on my camera.  I'm sorry, but Troy
and I could NOT stop laughing over this one!!!  ;)))
Troy says phone calls to Heaven are free
in College Station...being this is God's country;)
I don't think there could be a happier place
for my two favorite Aggies!  I love their
bond over A&M...even if it is annoying sometimes;)
The entire day was an experience of a life
time for my favorite little Aggie!!!
I'd love to be an Aggie Mama...
...to BOTH of these boys!!!!!!!!!!
On Kyle Field = Great Day!
Future Aggie Brothers!!!
Temple and me...I'm thankful for a fun,
sweet new friend met through my Walker D!
One last pic before we all went shopping.......
 
AT the A&M bookstore!  ha!
Leaving after spending all our
money at the Aggie Bookstore!!!;)
I love being part Aggie, part Baylor!
Blessed by both worlds!!! :)
 The best quote I've heard about Texas A&M...
 
"From the outside looking in,
you can't understand it.
 And from the inside looking out,
you can't explain it."  

No comments: