Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lately

Lately we've been busy!
Best busy ever though...............

Mostly, I'm busy with this beautiful little
girl who WAKES up looking like this...

And also this crazy little guy who just finished first grade! He makes me laugh all.the.time!And last but not least, this little punkin' pie! I got the biggest kick out of the little hole he had made in the toe of this sleeper. God Mommy got her money's worth out of this...she sent it to me before I even knew Walker was a boy (hence the lime green!). Hudson has worn it plum out! He was tickled at ME for laughing so hard!!!Walker had his field day and daddy went to watch. Unfortunately the 'faded maroon' team was last place every single time at tug of war! That was the VERY first thing Walker told me when he got in the car that day.

I reminded him that I thought his class was the most fun and the nicest...and that's all that matters! I don't know if he fell for that or not! ha!

As usual, Walker had fun with his buds!

Thanks to Aunt Michelle, T-dawg and I were able to go to dinner with the Hoodies one night to celebrate our next door neighbor's birthday! Here's the birthday boy with his beautiful wife...

We have the BEST couple friends in the HOOD (and WORLD)!!!Sweet T and me...

T-dawg and me...

Hudson attended his first Midway game which was a playoff game at the Baylor Ball Park for our softball girls (they are now the State Champs!)...

Troy was attending a graduation so we met one of Walker's friends moms and kids at the game. It was fun!

One of the highlights of late was attending a graduation party for Brooke Valis. She is Louis's middle child and she graduated from high school and will be going to A&M in the fall. She is such a beautiful, fun young lady and we love her so much. In honor of Louis, Troy attended Brooke's graduation, too. We miss LV dearly...but not anything close to how much his sweet family does.

Walker drew portraits of each family member and Hadlee insisted on creating a banner for them. Such an added touch to our kitchen!!!Walker's school does a cool thing called Camp Careful during the last week of school. The kids learn all about summer safety & as a surprise the parents send them a care package with their lunch that day. T-Daddy and I had fun with this...I've also had fun creating teacher gifts for Mrs. G, Mrs. S and also Mrs. Janice and Adrienne! I would give each of them the world if I could!Walker's teacher gifts included a card, a picture and gift cards for their fave place to get summer drinks.Not just lately, but all.the.time............

I enjoy these two little dumplins!!!
They enjoy each other, too!
4 months old, 4 years old
We also made a fun trip to see Troy's grandparents and celebrated my nephew Hunter's 16th birthday. These things get their very own pages...as do end of year activities!!!

More than anything, we've just been having a good time lately!
That's what we seem to do best...
especially now that we have this little guy
to share in the fun, too!He's ready for summer in his darling swim
gear from my sweet blogger friend, Brandi!!! Here we come SUMMER 2010!!!

Lately, things are good.

And I'm REALLY thankful for that!!!

4 comments:

Beth E. said...

Oh, what fun...field trips, parties, camp, pools, popsicles...sounds like a blast to me!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I LOVE your busy life!!! Fun times and soooo sweet of Troy to attend her graduation.

angie said...

me too! Such a blessing:) I know what you mean about busy, I am ready for the lazy days of summer!

Brandi said...

I'm finally getting around to reading your blog. OH, the swimsuit...so cute! I can't believe Ty used to be that little. Looks like you guys are having so much fun!!! LOVE the banner, so adorable. Keep it up forever, it's way cute! The camp skeeter package is way cool, great idea! And the teacher gifts, way cool too! FUNFUNFUN! Oh, love Hadlee's romper!!! What cute kids!!!