Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fabulous First Grade

WOW! Am I really writing about my
baby boy's FIRST grade year?!?
And what a year it was!!!

FIRST GRADE WAS FANTASTIC!!!
First and foremost, Walker had
the most wonderful, amazing teachers EVER!

It was so special to me for
Walker to have my best friend's mother
whom I have known since before
I was in kindergarten. In fact,
Mrs. G actually babysat ME!
I cry thinking about how neat this was.
Mary is truly one of THE nicest,
most soft hearted people I've ever known.
She was PERFECT for my Walker D! Plus he had "MY Laura"! My beautiful friend
whom I used to teach middle school with
and sponsor student council! We have had
some fun times together!
Mrs. S is beautiful and so full of life.
She is SUCH a BRIGHT spot in my life!
Walker adored her! Troy & I will
miss her like crazy...until she gets
Haddie Girl of course!
Mrs. S was a dreamboat teacher for Walker!Apparently Walker's class was super
dee duper special to Mrs. G and Mrs. S!
They have gone on and on about this
class all.year.long! So, they decided to
have an extra class party at the park
one day afterschool. Mrs. G presented
the students with a photo book from
first grade personalized for each student.
Mrs. S presented the students with a
DVD from the year. Both gifts are PRICELESS!!!
Hadlee has watched the video
about sixty times!
"Celebrate good times, come on!"That very day was also Mrs. G's
birthday! Isn't she a beauty?!?Inside the cover of each photo book Mrs. G
included what each student in the class said
about each other. Here was Walker's...The next week was the actual first grade
end of the year party at school.
It was snow cones and play time!This is some of the gang that played
tag, football, or kickball every day
during recess this year!I love this picture!
Caroline (to the left of Walker)
happens to be a very special friend to us!She is Kate's cousin so I think she and
Walker are just friends!!! hee hee!
Back in the classroom before Mrs. G,
Mrs. S and I all started to cry!!!
A few of the little girls asked me to take
their picture with Walker!!! How cute is that?!?
Nothing changes about this little guy being
my baby boy, my first born, my hunka
sweet love, my one and only sunshine,
my buddy buck, my stud muffin,
my main man, my Walker D................
the list is endless. I love this little guy
like I've never loved before.
There is nothing like a mama's love for her son.
This was bright early for his last official day of
first grade. Every morning Troy makes
Walker oatmeal, puts it on the table,
goes to Walker's room, slides his legs off
the bed, stands him up, and Walker
walks straight to the breakfast table.
Nothing to waking this kid up!!!That afternoon one of his best buds came
home from school with us. We all
screamed for ice cream!!!Then pizza for dinner and also a playdate
for Haddie Girl...another special graduate
of the first grade...our sweet Jilly Bean!Of course the last day also meant
report cards and awards.
We are SO PROUD of Walker this year.
He cares so much about his grades
and really tries and works hard.
All "A" Honor Roll...
in fact nothing lower than a 97 all year!He also received a Reading Award...he earned
31.3 AR points this year. He read all of
the Junie B. Jones books and lots of the
Magic Tree House books. The kid loves
to read and take AR tests!
In honor of his daddy, he also received
a Math Award! Let's just hope he keeps
that up...mommy CAN't do math!He also received a Sports Award and
BEST of all a Citizenship Award.
That one is by far the one for which I am MOST
proud! It was instilled in me by my parents and
sisters to be kind to everyone. I pray
that Walker will always be that way!
I have wonderful memories from my first grade
year (with Miss Crow as my teacher and Mrs.
G in the classroom next door!). First grade
was always a favorite year for me...
but what is far better than that is that my
boy had an even more amazing year than mine.

I'm just so thankful!!!
I love Walker's school, his teachers, his friends...
and most of all HIM!!!

Way to go, Walker! We are proud of you!!!
Here we come SECOND GRADE!!!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wonderful year Walker!!! I have such a place in my heart for first graders but that photo book put my teaching to SHAME! Luckily guy and lucky teachers for having Walker in their classes! xoxo

Brandi said...

Yeah for great teachers, friends and for a great year!!!! Walker is such a cutie; I bet all the little girls like him. HEHE!! He is a stud muffin( I call Rob and Nate that)!!!!! Your kids are sooooooo cute!!!

angie said...

What an amazing year!! God blessed you for sure this year with awesome teachers, sweet friends and a new baby. :)

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Such a SMART kiddo! Congrats Walkman on a GREAT year. We are sooooo proud of you sweet boy!!!!

Beth E. said...

What a great year...congratulations, Walker!

The pics are great, Mindy...what a blessing to have such wonderful, loving, caring teachers. Bet you wish they would be promoted with Walker every year! ;-)