Monday, June 21, 2010

In Abundance

How fitting that I post these pictures the
day after Father's Day...

Here is Grandpa Robinett!
Seriously, he's the greatest man I've ever met!
In early May, Hudsy Puds made his first
road trip to see his Great Grandparents!
Hudson was perfect on the drive and
LOVED getting to see them again!
PaPa Robinett LOVES his grandbabies...
he holds them, plays with them, walks them...
but most of all, loves them!!!
We ALWAYS love seeing Aunt Neeeeny, too!
How about some of the girly cousins...
Ellie, Jolie, Hadlee, MyleeGotta love these boy cousins, too!

Cason, Walker, Chase
It's so fun at the Robinetts...
everyone comes over to visit and we just sit
around and, well, visit!
We were missing some of the cousins though.Hudson had lots of visitors...many who were
meeting him for the first time!He was quite smitten with
the pretty Horner girls!How cute is this darling little cousin?!?This one, too!!! Such a sweetheart!Chillin' with Great Grandma Robinett...She is one cool granny...in fact, she
has a Facebook account!!! Troy's niece set
her one up while we were there!Then it was over to Great Grandma Pierce's!
She was celebrating her 81st birthday...
what a lady!Talk about somebody loving their grandkids...
Granny most certainly does!
Here she is with precious cousin Luke...Our beautiful niece Chrystal...First night in the pack-in-play...
Hudson loved it!I am so thankful for weekends like this.
How wonderful is it that my children
KNOW their GREAT Grandparents so well?
Grandma Pierce loves Troy like crazy.
They are so close and I love that about them.
She treats & loves me like her own, too!
So sweet....We were also lovin' us some
Mamaw that weekend, too!
As I've mentioned before, I never knew
my mother's parents. My dad's mom had
a debilitating stroke when I was two.
My grandpa spent his days caring for her until
her death and then he passed away
when I was in college. I loved them dearly,
but due to their health, they were never
able to be typical grandparents to me like
they were to my older sisters & two cousins.
I missed out on A LOT.

When I picture what grandparents should
be like...I picture Grandma & Pa Pa Robinett.
They have four children and too many grandkids
and great grandkids for me to count! 29 maybe?
Somehow though they love each of us and
treat us all equally. They are truly
Godly people and I love them so, so much.What a blessing for my little Hudson
to experience their love like
Hadlee and Walker have!

"What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies." ~Rudolph Giuliani

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetness! Love the RG quote! Are you sure you don't have a monogramming machine packed away in your kit-n-caboodle? And BTW...I am so MO FREAKIN excited for Kelly G! Wooooo Nelly! When is she due?
xoxo

Beth E. said...

You are so right, Mindy! I never knew either of my grandfathers...they both died before I was born. I'm so glad my boys have been able to experience the love of my parents (and Bill's mother, who died about 5 years ago).

What a wonderful legacy your family has...you are truly blessed!

The pics are great...I enjoy "meeting" all of your family. It kinda makes me feel as if I'm a family member. :-)

Mrs. Davison said...

Gosh Mindy, you really do have it right! Your kids are so lucky to have all those relatives in their lives. And, you are doing such a great job of keeping close to them. I loved the little bit of a story with your photos. We'd be friends in "real life" :).

angie said...

A facebook account??? Oh I love that!! What a blessing to have so much love from Great-grandparents...awesome!

Together We Save said...

Saw your post on another blog... just stopping by to say hello. Looks like you have a wonderful family.