Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Best Baby Contest

If there were such a contest,
I would SO enter my little Hudson Jack.
This little guy is the BESTBABY.com!!!

I can't even imagine life without these
sweet little eyes gazing at me...................

Hudson turned FOUR MONTHS on May 17th. Punkin' Pie had to get four shots. After school that day, the kids and I celebrated the big "4" months, that is, with ice cream!!!As usual, HJP was as content as can be to sit back in his ride and take it all in!

He does have LIVE entertainment 24/7!!!

Yes, Hudson, that is your big bro eating his vanilla ice cream with a spoon since he doesn't like the cone, but yet wants his ice cream in a cone?!? Wonder if you will be crazy like that?!?

Of course, he tried to share his ice cream with you!!!

Hudson weighed 16 pounds and was 27 inches long at his well-baby visit. Dr. G said that Hudson is advanced "socially"! Finally one of my kids is getting something from their mommy!!! hee hee! Our doctor couldn't get over Hudson "talking" so much and also him rolling from his back to his front. Hudson LOVED laying and kicking on the paper at the doctor's office! The shots broke his sweet little heart. His precious feet sticking out of his seat melt my little heart...No ice cream for the Hudsy Puds that day, but we did come home for his first taste of rice cereal?!? Goofy guy didn't know what was coming next......and he didn't really like it!!!It wasn't just the newness of "eating"...he really doesn't care too much for rice cereal! Of course Grandmother has since come over and he ate it like a little champ for her!Hudson's "firsts" are SO FUN because it's a family affair! All five of us were so excited!!!Hudson can still read my soul with his pretty blue eyes. Dr. G feels certain that they will change to brown like Daddy's, Walker's and Hadlee's. Ya never know...he could end up with hazel eyes like his mama! Doesn't matter to me either way, but they sure are pretty now!Some days I catch a glimpse of the little guy and I just can't help but say, "I'm so glad I have you." It's how I feel. God can surprise us in the sweetest ways.This was a Saturday morning. He & I were lovin' and I tried to catch it on film. Look! He was reading my soul.................I'm not the only girl in the house who is in love...
Wouldn't you know...I just can't seem to move my Baby Love out of the basinett! He's got about an inch left at the top!!! He wakes me up sometimes by hitting the sides! ha! The love bug sleeps through the night most of the time. If he does wake up, it's for an early, early morning feed. No matter what time he wakes up...he eats, cuddles, and goes right back to sleep in ten minutes or less...then sleeps until 9:00 or so! I have just now started putting him down awake and he doesn't seem to mind so far. There is nothing like looking down in that basinett in the wee hours of the morning and seeing him smile and then picking him up for the.sweetest.cuddle.EVER!Huds is mesmerized by his sister (and sometimes a little frightened, too!)! She is ALL about making him smile and talking with him. He always has a lot to say to her, too!He gets some serious hugs..........check out his little hand hugging Haddie OR is he grasping for dear life?!?

I see a very sweet & loving relationship...AND also a whole lotta fun in their future!!!Nothing in this world like hearing your children laugh...together.
Hadlee even took a picture of Hudson and me!!! Melt right about now. Here he is with "Oooooossey Booooosey Boo Bear" that my blogging bestie Beth sent before Hudson was born. Hadlee LOVES for Hudson to cuddle with Oooossey Boooosey Boo Bear (she named the bear by the way!)...

Hudson is grabbing things here and there a little bit. One afternoon Haddie had left a baggie of cookies on the couch. Next thing we knew Hudson had grabbed the bag! Funny!It was like he knew he had something he shouldn't!!!Hadlee had to give him a "talkin to" about this!!! Oh sister...you have NO idea what's ahead of you! You'll be giving him lots more "talkin to's"!!!Grandmother prides herself in telling us that she has given piano lessons to all of our kids. Hudson is no exception. The only problem is NONE of the kids can really play the piano!!!
Then there is Big Brother Bear! I could easily enter him into the Best Big Brother Contest if there were one! I continue to be amazed at how much Walker loves Hudson.
I can take Hudson into Walker's room and lay him down on a pallet (even if he is fussy and not knowing what he wants to do) and he will play in there for the LONGEST time - like an hour! He LOVES being in there with Walker. Just kicking, rolling, talking......and loving his Big Brother!I'm totally thinking "brothers by chance...friends by choice"!!! Why don't you take a look at these two LOVE bugs! Hudson LIGHTS up when he sees his Daddy. It's like a guaranteed smile every time. He loves for Troy to walk around with him. I think Daddy Love might have spoiled the little thing with that treat early on!!!As for Mama Love, I'm just head over heels for my Hudsy Pudsy Wudsy!!! He has changed my life forever and I'm trying to savor every last second with the little love.
Four months of sweetness, fun and love!!!"I'm so glad I have you."

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Pure Sweetness! And I am soooo sorry I didn't give your last day o school a shout out last night when we were emailing! Happy Summer! Just saw SITC2 and was wishin you were right next to me! Miss you!

Mrs. Davison said...

Oh I do love your posts. It's like I'm over having a cup of coffee talking, playing and watching. You have a precious family, for sure.

angie said...

I'm so glad you have HJP too!!!!! He has the best smile ever:). Four months already??? Time flies by girl. Soak up all this sweet baby love.
PS check out both my sisters blogs:)

Beth E. said...

Of COURSE Hudson would WIN that Best Baby Contest! Wish I could just kiss on those little cheeks all day long!

I can't believe your sweet baby boy is already 4 mos. old. Where does the time go? I don't blame him one bit about the rice cereal...yuck. ;-)

How sweet of you to post the pic of Hudson with his Oooosie Boooosie Bear. Looks like just the right size for him. Give Hadlee a big hug from me, thanking her for showing H how to cuddle with the bear!

Love to all...