Saturday, April 17, 2010

"Prity Good"

Walker is officially playing Professional
Baseball...well, I mean, Little League!!!
This was in Walker's folder this week
and I absolutely LOVE it!
I am so glad that Troy and I "sind" him
up for baseball. And Walker is SO RIGHT...
he is "prity good"!!!
Little League is some big time stuff!
Lots of practices and lots of great little athletes.
I have been really proud of Walker
and his willingness to practice so much.
I think he has realized that hard
work pays off...and it really is in his case! He even hit a home run at practice one day!
Hasn't happened in a game...but still!!!!!!!!!!! Troy and Walker have been having batting
practice in our backyard. One day a new little
slugger wanted to practice, too!!!This is Brady! Our precious, beyond lovable
little Hoodie. He is two years old and will most
likely play for the Texas Rangers.
He and his dad were too cute out there!!!
Actually all of these boys were "prity" cute
out there! Brady really did hit that ball!!!Baseball is SO FUN!
It's quite the family sport, too!
We all get decked in our baseball gear...Current Little Leaguer,
Probable Future Little Leaguer
Definite Aggies!!!
Little Man was suited up for the
first game just in case he was needed!!!Zack Attack and Walky Talky
(Yes, that's what they call each other! In fact,
when I met his mom in kindergarten I told her
that Walker calls her son 'Zack Attack'.
She laughed and said Zack calls
Walker 'Walky Talky'!!!)The very first game of the season started
off GREAT...Walker with an awesome first hit,
Hudsy Puds snoozing at the field,...and Hadlee playing in the dirt just
like I used to at the very same field!!!THEN a terrible wind storm hit
and we had to jump in my car and
watch the game from there!
Haddie Girl and I managed to have FUN though!

Then some other moms joined us in the car and Hudson put on a show with his GIGGLES!!! I'm talking baby belly laughs for these pretty mamas!Walker didn't get his jersey until he arrived at his first game with Troy. When I got there, I about fell over when I saw my little man in his uniform! LOVED it! Then when I saw my big man in his jersey, too...well, it was just more than I could take!!!These games, these boys, these fields...................it is all so much fun!!!One time I caught Walker in the dug out reading the rules book!!! Hilarious!Little League games are played at Broughton Fields. I have MANY, many fond memories from these fields. First of all, from watching my sister play softball, playing there myself and then going to watch baseball games growing up. I swear I sat on this same log so many times!!! I hope that my kids will have memories like I do!Hudson has a full line-up of baseball attire!!!He loves him some Bubba Baseball!!!#1 Fans of Each Other!!!

Hadlee's favorite game so far was the one where she got to play with precious Ally! Hudson stays in his infant seat and is all smiles
until about the 4th quarter...
then he wants OUT to see what is going on!!!Walker is really having a great time! He is on a super cute and sweet team. All of our boys run on the field with a smile and run off with a smile! Walker says the worst part of baseball is
"dug out duty" and waiting to bat. The best part is making it across home plate (which is with a slide EVERY TIME...even though there has yet to be a play at home when Walker is scoring!). He plays half the game at second base and half in the outfield. Our third base coach is REALLY hot. I might have a crush on him.Another really fantastic part about baseball...when your best girl comes to watch! ...and then of course going to eat pizza!Even having your little sister there is 'prity' fun!I am loving that some of his games are on Friday nights! Makes for such a fun weekend!!! We ALL get decked in our Red Sox t-shirts now...all day on Friday in fact! I get so nervous when my little man is at bat!!! Not that I care if he hits or not for my sake, but because I know he wants it SO BAD!!! He has been hitting really well and has had three doubles!Seeing him out there on that big, huge field is just about the cutest thing ever!!!This pic is for Walker. I know that winning doesn't matter, but boy is it fun when you do win!!! (Especially when you haven't been!)
I've never loved a Boston Red Sox, but boy do I now!!! I am SO proud of my baseball star...win or lose, catch or drop, hit or strike out!!!I love you, #8!!!
You are 'prity' good...ALWAYS!!!

8 comments:

Mrs. Davison said...

so sweet and great commentary!

Beck said...

Wow, Walker is a baseball natural! We signed Landon up for soccer this week. It will be his first experience with organized sports. I am praying that he loves it and has a great "first team!" I can't wait until he is 5 and can start T-ball! Love your sweet family in all the great pictures! Enjoy your weekend!

Rhonda said...

I love this! Nothing better than family FUN at the ballpark! I have a funny feeling that cute little Red Sox is MUCH better than "prity good" - I bet he is AWESOME! Hudson is getting SO BIG! Goodness....he is just a little doll!

Brandi said...

I've been so far behind on blogging.Just now trying to catch up. Walker is just a cutie patootie. What a little stud!!!!! Nate is eating up tball too. SO fun!!!! Miss H is sooooo cute. She always looks so happy. And your little man is getting so big! CUTECUTECUTE!!!!!!

Beth E. said...

Oh, Mindy...I know I say this so often, but - this brings back some wonderful memories!

Little League baseball is so much fun. It sometimes wore us out with practices and games for both boys, but we had a blast, regardless.

Walker looks great in his uniform. I guarantee he'll hit a home run in a game before the season is out!

Hadlee and Hudson are adorable in their baseball-themed clothes...love it!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Oh the BEST!!! Look at that SUPERSTAR!!!! What a sweet smile and a big heart. Walkman, you are a joy to watch grow up! I better get my autograph in now!!!! Sweet, sweet post!!!!!!

angie said...

ARGH! I just wrote a long comment but it got deleted. Basically you know I love this post! I love Broughton, The AWESOME uniforms, that sweet picture of Ally and Hadlee and all the Pierce family photos. I love the way you are all so supportive on one another:0! Way to go Walker

melanie, aka Mo said...

Mindy,
Ballparkin' is so much fun! I can't wait til ol' Ellie Sue is playing tee ball! I will wear the biggest and best and blingiest "ELLIE'S MOM" tee at the park! Looks like it is fun for your whole crew! Mo