Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bubba Love

BuBBa LOvE...
you make your mama SO PROUD!!!

One day last week, I had to go somewhere after
school so my niece came over to keep the kids.
I didn't even check Walker's folder before
I left. While I was gone, I received an e-mail
on my phone from Walker's teacher, Mrs. G.
She said she wanted to let me know that the
award Walker received at morning assembly
was a BIG deal and that only a couple are
given out each month to the whole school.
I laughed because I had already done my usual
questioning of Walker over what happened
at school that day...and the only thing
he thought worth mentioning was his
friend going home with strep throat!!!
Apparently students are nominated for these
awards, but you never know by whom.
When I got home, I questioned Walker some
more...still to no avail!!! After some prompting,
he finally remembered getting the award and
going on stage to accept it!
OH that BOY!!! Hilarious! Regardless,
Troy and I were over the top PROUD of
our Big Bubs! Now if only he would follow
directions at home (such as 'let's take
a good picture with your award!')!!!

We also recently had Walker's Spring Open House. It was after one of Walker's baseball practices. Haddie LOVES to go to Bubba's school (so do Troy and I for that matter!). Most of all, though, Walker loves having US there with him!

Walker loved showing us his Texas work!

First grade is a blast! I can't even begin to think about next year without Walker's AMAZING teachers!!! We love Mrs. S and Mrs. G so much!

That same week was the book fair. Walker happens to think he needs to be the #1 customer at all book fairs! ha! Troy and Grandmother went to lunch with Walker one day and took him to get some books. He insisted on picking one out for his little sister!!!

He kept it with him at school in his backpack and as soon as he got in the car, he couldn't wait to give it to her. I was impressed with his choice, too! A Pinkalicious sticker book. He knows him some Haddie Girl! As we pulled out of the school parking lot, I heard Hadlee say, "Thank you Bubba for the book." AHHHHHHHHHH! I love ME some brother/sister sweetness!!!

Bubba Love doesn't just stop with his sister. He's got more love for his baby brother than I ever imagined!

Every morning before school he goes to Hudson's bassinet to kiss him goodbye. Yesterday he told me he gave him eleven kisses. (Maybe that's why Hudson has this look on his face!!!).

Bubba Love...you are a blast!!!

You crack your mama up!!!

But most of all, you make me smile!

Thanks for being you, Walker! We are so proud of you!!!

7 comments:

Brandi said...

What an awesome bubba you have!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!

Kimberly said...

I love the last pic! He looks so incredibly grown up and handsome! Turns out we are having duel baby girl birthday parties on opposite sidds of the world on Saturday!!!
Love you soooooooooooo much!

Elizabeth said...

Great Job Walker!!! You are so smart and sweet, too! What a catch you'll be one day!

Elizabeth said...

did I forget to mention cute as can be and funny, too?! The total package!

angie said...

W-O-W!!! Way to go Walker. I am not surprised at all because he is a teacher's DREAM!!! I love how creative he is with his pictures, so funny. And the preciousness continues with his love for his baby brother. So thoughtful and sweet!

Beth E. said...

Awww...I'm proud of Walker, too! Congratulations!

I always enjoyed the book fairs at the boys' schools. I'm a sucker for books. I have saved almost every book they had as a child. I figure I may need them again - a few years from now - when I'm a grandma! lol

melanie, aka Mo said...

It's not very often at all that I think , "hmmm... maybe I'd like a boy." But these Walker posts sure do make it tempting! I don't know if all boys are this sweet!?? I know my girly poos are! Anyway, that Walker seems like a really unique kid. Mo