Wednesday, February 5, 2014

NaNa Pics

I prayed and prayed for my very own
"group" of friends for a very long time
when I was younger.
I had AMAZING, close, best friends...
one in this group, a couple in that
group, etc....in high school and even my
first semester at Baylor.  I loved
being friends with everyone and
I see that in Walker and it's an awesome trait. 
But I longed for my own group.  God certainly
answered my prayers over the next couple
of years during college.  NOW, looking
back, I don't know how I ever made it
without them.  Still to this day, I
depend on each of these six girls
for something in my life. 
They fill my cup:)
AND.......they make me
laugh and laugh and laugh.
Always have, Always will.
 
We communicate through Viber
now since we are all over the WoRLD.
When I hear my little Viber
sound go off, I get so excited.
Lately a couple of us have
been trying to pull out old
pictures and send.  I am trying
to do a couple a week.
SOOOOOO funny to look back on us!
We had some good, good times...
We were Camp Mystic Counselors one summer!!!
The only spots left were for horseback
riding instructors.  Kelli & I told them
we were experienced in that area.
Oh MY Goodness.
The two Wranglers about died when we
showed up in shorts the first day.
Our parents had to overnight us boots and jeans!
Some of our best times EVER...
Lake Travis:)
Kelli's Grandfather's James Bond Boat!
We dressed up EVERY SINGLE YEAR
for Halloween.  For some reason, we thought our
witch costumes were extra fabulous. 
Wore those two years in a row...
or maybe we were just broke and couldn't
afford another costume.
Yeah, maybe that was it!;)

These were my roomies for two years with ONE
of the animals we (THEY) acquired along the way.
Oh Phoebe & Tiger Lilly ...
R.I.P.
 I love that I have an album FULL of
pictures and memorabilia from each of
my four years at Baylor.  These old
fashion albums are PRiCeLeSS to me!
Seriously did we picture ourselves
looking like this in the year 2000?!? 
BUT, my oh my, some of our absolute BEST,
most funny memories happened in the
Simpson Wagon!!!!!!!!!!
The fact that Kelli came to Baylor University
in this old station wagon makes me
realize even more why it was love
at first friend sight for the two of us.
Good, Good Times.  
I pray that my children find
their true group of friends.
It was a life changer for me
and I thank God for this blessing often. 
There's something so special about
our group...and it's because we
love and support each other so much.
The way we do it now is MUCH
different from sitting at the window
of our Green House on 10th Street
(in the "suburban" talking through every
last detail of our lives and thinking
that our biggest worry was who
was going to get a date to Jungle;) or
what time we would head over to
get a 53 cent coke at the 53 cent store;)!)
...and that's okay.  I'm just so thankful
for each one of them and what
they mean to me still to this day!!!
 

No comments: