Friday, March 29, 2013

Walker's Alamo Project

Apparently the ALAMO project has been and is
a BIG deal at South Bosque Elementary
for the 4th graders every year. 
Walker could.not.wait!!!
He knew from day one that he wanted
to build his Alamo out of Legos!
I, on the other hand, (after seeing many of
the amazing projects last year) worried how
in the world we would do this! 
Thank Goodness for DADDY!!!!!!!!!
He was just as excited as Walker.
They are two engineering peas in a pod;)
After many blue prints drawn by both,
one trip to the Lego store in Austin
and a couple Ebay orders for very specific parts...
my two favorite crazy big guys got busy!!!
It REALLY took some serious planning!
Father/Son bonding at its best!!!
IMPRESSIVE, Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've also been amazed at Walker's knowledge
of the Alamo and what all took place.
That boy is learning!!!!!!!
Much more than his mama ever did;(
I crack up at this picture...pretty typical...
Troy trying to fix one last thing!!!!!!
And Walker being goofy:)
SO proud of and SO in love with
these two guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ten years old and just everything
I'd ever dreamed of in a son!
I can take absolutely NO credit
in any aspect of this project;(
Maybe cheerleader?  I was certainly that:)
I absolutely LOVE how close these two are.
It's some kind of special! 
I had read in a book that little boys will and NEED
to reach a certain point and
make a shift from being "mama's baby boy"
to choosing to be like their daddy.
It's like part of the process of becoming
a man. They don't stop loving their mom
by any means, but there is supposed to be a shift...
(I think it was in Dr. Dobsen's Bringing Up Boys).
Well, this certainly happened with Walker.
It takes a great dad for this to happen, too.
I am blessed in that area.  I think raising
 a boy is SUCH a huge, HUGE thing. 
Close-ups of their AMAZING Alamo!!!!!!!!!
Walker made a 105 on the project
and Mrs. Bell loved it.  I cracked up
because Walker came home and told me
that during his presentation Mrs. Bell
asked him what he learned from making
this project.  He jokingly told her that
 'building an Alamo out of Legos is expensive!'
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  I about killed him for that!
We also told Hadlee that in a few years
she could turn in this VERY same project.
Her response,
"I don't like Legos!"
Oh well!!!!!!!
 Way to go, Walker and Troy!!!
We will always
REMEMBER the ALAMO!!!!!!!!!!:)

1 comment:

Yessie Harris said...

I love it... My son have this very same project due Jan 5.. I'm not as creative tho I'm pulling my hair thinking of ideas.. Please help