Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Beach or Bust AND Superman!!!

Arriving in Galveston for our first
trip to see Travis at his new rehab...
Ready to see our Superman!!!
January 25th weekend 2013
The STORM's first visit to TLC ~
Trav's 7th hospital/rehab:(
It was such a wonderful feeling to get
to see Travis!!!  It had been too long:( 
 This is his room at TLC. 
God bless his heart.  You just never know
when your life can take a sudden change ~
a life altering, forever changing moment
and there's nothing you can do to change it. 
We usually don't take Travis to restaurants,
but he wanted to go this time.  It breaks our
hearts to eat in front of him, but we do have
to eat.  I think he was just glad to get out
of the rehab for the day.  We went to the
Spot which is a cool, happening place...
in fact, our favorite spot in Galveston;)
Do you know how happy I am here?!?
We get to go to the BEACH?!?
Being back with this good lookin' guy
was all I needed in this world!  
This trip was Lynna, Wendell, Hadlee,
Hudson and I.  We thought it was going
to be cold and rainy so that's the clothes
we planned for...well, we were wrong!
It was warm and beautiful!!!
We had to go to Academy and Wal-Mart
for swim suits and summer clothes!!!
We missed Walker so much!
It wasn't the same being in
Galveston without him and daddy:(
But being with Travis and heading to
the beach made us Happy Happy Happy!
Huds was SO proud of his new Spidey
trunks and shirt.  I texted Daddy this picture
and he was not pleased with Hadlee's
choice of bathing suit!  ha!
Wendell bought it!!!
Classic STORM;)
The water was COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!
But..............
The H's still took off for the water!!!!!!!!!!!!

They had so much fun!:)
While this handsome guy did this...
Such a beautiful, perfect day:)
Hudson was just a baby the last time
we were at the beach.  In fact, it was
the week before Trav's accident...so it was
July 2010.  It didn't take him long to LOVE
the beach this trip!!!!!!!!!!!!
My favorite pic ...
I knew he'd be a BEACH BABE!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
How beautiful is this little girl
at the beach!?!???!?!!!!!!
She had so much fun!
I love her joy:)
 Thank you Lord for our
good lookin' Superman, his life,
our family and for the BEACH!!!
 
 
 My favorite part of the trip
was spending the afternoon at the
 beach and getting to catch up
with my nephew....
I was telling him that I had gotten
up early and ran on the beach. 
He immediately shook his head "no"!!!
He knows La Tante;)
Then he told me that he had, too!
I shook my head no that time!!!
Every minute spent with a
miracle is precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"LORD, remind me how brief my
 time on earth will be.
Remind me that my days are numbered
--how fleeting my life is."
Psalm 39:4
Wendell and Travis went up on the
sea wall to go to the bathroom.
Some guys stopped them and asked
if they could pray for Travis. 
He catches the eye of everyone. 
There is something truly special about him. 
AND there are truly good people
all around us:)
Uncle Wendell was AWESOME
the entire trip!!!  He loves my kids so much
and they love him even more:)
I couldn't have made it on my own
on a trip like this without his help. 
Lynna and I threw our outfits together
at Wal-Mart!  ha!  Of course I was cold
on the beach...I'm cold everywhere! 
Wendell bought us our fun hats;)
I'd dare say Lynna and I are Trav's
two #1 supporters!  Okay, Aunt Michelle
and Grandmother might beg to differ;)))
Wishing our Walker was there, too!
Walker and Troy couldn't come because
Walker had a basketball game and couldn't miss it.
We sent them this right before the game...
This sweet little girl cried and cried and cried
before we left because she was so sad
to leave her daddy and Bubba. 
#suchasweetheart
 Loving this day....
At one point, Hudson just had to get his
swim trunks off and clothes back on. 
I couldn't imagine why. 
 THEN, I realized.  He needed to be
back to his Spiderman self so he could
scale the sea wall!!!!!!!!!!! 
#thatboyandhisimagination!!!
These next pictures crack me up because
of Hudson.  He's like the Huck Finn
 Spiderman of the Ocean;)
 We had so much fun with these
two beautiful, fun-loving, hilarious people!
God bless my sister's heart:(
This is how we roll in Galveston;)
I love my SISTAHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Soaking up as much Superman
as I could before he had to
go back to TLC that night :(
I love him so much!
The new pier in Galveston...
We had promised Hadlee a trip
to the Rainforest Cafe Build-a-Bear...
She picked out an adorable monkey:)
Sweet, precious little girl...
she makes everyday sweeter:)
Such a fun trip:)
 
We were missing Aunt Michelle.
Her father-in-law had just
passed away so she couldn't come:(

LOVin the Palm Trees!!!
Gangham Style at TLC;)
That's the way the STORM rolls:)
Spiderman at TLC!!!!!!!!!!!!
We tend to make ourselves at home;)
We were waiting on Trav to come down
from his room.  They really don't like kids
upstairs at TLC :(
We went down town to the "strip"!
Soaking up our Superman!

Our dear friends, the Michalkas,
happened to be in town. 
It was so cool to see them:)
They are truly amazing and Godly people
who love and pray for Travis on the daily!!!
These two were AWESOME on this
trip!  Such sweet little hearts:)
Superman lookin' good!
Deanna, a friend of a friend,
lives in Galveston with her two little
grandsons.  She has become
Trav's "Beach Grandma"...
she's awesome!!!
Transitional Learning Center...
Houses around TLC...
This was when we had to say
good-bye.  That was tough:(
Hudson got me a flower...
He knew mommy was sad:(
So, so sweet...
We love you so much, Superman!!!
 
 This was my post on Facebook
when we were on our way home...
 
Apparently a lot of people liked
seeing Travis loving on two
little supporters:) 

Sometimes I just still can't believe
that all of this has happened. 
My heart aches for Travis...
for his past ~ all that he misses,
for today ~ him being alone
so far away in Galveston and
how hard he has to work to
do the most simple of things,
and for his future ~ what lies ahead.

I continue to pray with all of my
heart for TRAVIS to find his
purpose.  Many of us have
 our own ideas what his purpose
is or should be, but it's up
to Travis to find that.
I know God will help get him there.
"God will not allow a trial to
come into your life unless He
has a purpose.  He doesn't
send the storms, but He uses them."

So for now, we will continue
to love him and support him
and pray for him!
And visit him at the beach
when we can!!!:)

"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for
those that love him."
1 Corinthians 2:9

1 comment:

Beth E. said...

Joining with you in prayer, sweet sistah! Today, tomorrow, and always!

What great pictures of your visit with Travis. Just think...he will be home very soon! :-)

Love you...