Monday, February 11, 2013

Travis Leaving for Galveston...

After Christmas one day as I was going
through all the things Walker had brought
home in his backpack, I came across this...
As part of Walker's "other" wish list,
he first included:
"to give joy to Travis"

I can say that this wish has come
true for my Walker D!  I fully
believe that he does bring much
joy to Travis:)
Kim Jackson...
Our angel friend!  Kim truly exemplifies
what it means to be a Godly woman.
I am so thankful to know & love her now!!!
She and her friend along with Dr. Angela
helped Travis create a video. 
It's going to be quite amazing!!!!!!!!!
This is Shirley...she was Trav's aid
every week day during the day. 
She arrived the first day that Travis
came home.  What a blessing!
She and Travis learned each others' ways
and worked so well together. 
I loved getting to know Shirley very much, too!
She was so kind and soft spoken
and sweet.  We will miss Shirley very much.
My heart was SO heavy in the weeks
and days leading up to Travis leaving.
I am so attached to him!!!
Pretty much every week day, I went
to see him...always to do "speech",
visit, and sometimes to take him
to therapy.  My tears couldn't
seem to stop falling as the day for him
to leave approached:(  Then Hadlee got
sick and I wasn't able to be around
him those last couple of days. 

I made him this to have in his room
in Galveston.  I've really come to
realize that God is ALL or nothing...
or better yet, I've come to realize that
God should be ALL or nothing. 
I specifically chose all of the verses
that I included for Travis...
The day before he left, my mother came
and kept the kids so I could spend some
time with just Travis.  When I got
to his house, that other aunt was there!  ha!
Shirley was sad about him leaving, too:(
But not as sad as La Tante:(((
I went back by myself later that
night...and just he and I hung out.
  I love him so, so much. 
He and Lynna were set to leave
early the next morning.  I couldn't
resist stopping by for that one last hug:(
"Let the morning bring me word of your
unfailing love, for I have put my trust
in You. Show me the way I should go,
for to You I entrust my life."
Psalm 143:8
 The weather was HORRIBLE that
day and they ended up having to turn
around (so to not drown!)...
bummer for them since they were
ready but a positive for me!!!
Travis came over that night and hung
out with us since Hadlee was no longer
sick!  The kids were thrilled that they
also got to hang out with him one last time!
I soaked up as much Superman
as I possibly could that night!!!
"Because of the Lord's great love
we are not consumed, for his
compassions never fail.  They are
new every morning;  great is your
faithfulness."  Lamentations 3:22-23

I made this picture of Travis my
Facebook profile shortly after his wreck.
I LOVE this picture and I LOVE this
memory of him and Macy (his senior
year, her junior year) showing up
at my house on Halloween
dressed as Superman and Batgirl.
His million dollar smile,
his presence, his personality...
although he's much different now
and most everything is a struggle,
he IS still alllll that plus much more.
He's a miracle from God. 
I am so thankful......
His first few weeks in Galveston
have not been easy.  There have been
a lot of positives, too, but it's hard.
On all of us....
I miss my Superman terribly.
Being four hours away from us
is very difficult.  It's not an easy 
drive by any means.  

The other day I was crying and
Hudson said, "What the matter?
Tavis fall?"  God love his little heart.
Sweet Boy has also often asked,
"Tavis home?" or 
"Tavis gonna be there?"
It especially broke my heart when he 
asked that about his birthday party:(

Travis is in the best place he can be
to advance his recovery right now. 
He has so many praying him through
this .... and none of us are going to stop!!!

I've been "frogging" (fully relying on God),
reading scripture, "letting go and letting God",
praying into being an ease during this tough
transition, thanking God for the
opportunity for more progress
and anything and everything else in between!
My handsome nephew and beautiful
sister need so many prayers right now. 

"When my heart is overwhelmed, lead
me to the rock that is higher than I"
Psalm 61:2

No comments: