Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Touchdowns and Swishes

Do you know how hard it was to drop my boy off at football camp?!? There were some really big and older boys in this camp! I had to be the cool mom and just let him go (and take far off paparazzi like pictures even though I really couldn't see him!!! ha!).


It was cool seeing him play on the practice field next to the new MHS stadium. Who knows? Maybe one day he'll play there?!?



It rained a lot that week so they played inside some. I thought that was even better seeing as though it was 100 degrees outside!




They scrimmaged every day and I think Walker learned a lot about the actual game of football.






It was cool hearing Walker use some football "lingo". Like how you tackle on offense vs. on defense. Also how you get down on one knee when the coaches are talking.






Whether he plays football or not, he's such a stud to ME!




Parents were invited to come watch on the last day. We were lucky enough to get to see Walker score a touchdown! The boys received shirts, popsicles, and football trading cards.















I didn't know how Walker would take having to get up early every morning during his FIRST week of summer (even though it was his choice to attend the camp). But he was actually pumped everyday and couldn't wait to get there! You go, Walkman! I am proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!











Two weeks after that was BASKETBALL CAMP!









I think he may have liked basketball camp better than the football one (just don't tell his daddy that!).












He loved playing some ball and also getting to hang out with his good buddies!












I couldn't resist taking this picture when I dropped him off on his last day. I played basketball for Midway but at the old building. Macy played in this very gymnasium and now Logan does. So cool to see my boy there! He sure is tall, so you never know if this might be his sport?!?








Plus he's just so darn cute to me!


















Parents were also invited to watch on the last day of this camp. It was an awesome camp and Walker learned some good drills and scrimmaged a lot.












The coach took a special liking to Walker since his name is Coach Walker! The players received a shirt, a certificate and a new basketball in Midway colors!

















Walker is blessed with some great friends from school who all share the same interests.

















Walker couldn't even stop bouncing the ball for this picture! ha!

































Walker, you are my STUD MUFFIN! I love your gusto and your desire to do well! I just couldn't be prouder of you!






4 comments:

Mrs. Davison said...

Gosh, he is a stud and a handsome one at that! It's so good to let him try lots of different things. That's how he figures out who he is and what he likes. Good Mommy :)

Unknown said...

What a sweet post about Walker and his sports. He is so handsome and always smiling. You are one blessed momma!

Kimberly said...

It melts my heart to see Walker playing his sports. It truly seems like yesterday that I was holding him in my arms when he was three weeks old. Oh my. Time.....

angie said...

He's got some serious skills!! It's pretty cool that he's a little MIdway baller like his momma:-). Love it!