Wednesday, July 7, 2010

VBS 2010

June 14-18 was Vacation Bible School at our church! This was Walker's second time to attend and Hadlee's first!























Before I can EVEN tell about our week, I have to tell you about the ABSOLUTE BEST, most amazing part of it...Walker asked Jesus into his heart!!! That tops every last thing from the week. On Thursday morning, he told me he said that prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There couldn't be anything in this world to make me more proud!!!























Guess who was one of Hadlee's teachers?!? ME!!! My first time as a REAL teacher at church!






















Some of the adorable VBS'ers in my class...
















Don't tell...but I had a favorite! Here she is.............


















Actually I had some REALLY special students in my class. This cute little guy belongs to one of my dearest friends from high school. Easton was Mrs. Mindy's little buddy all week long. I LOVED that!

















And another little girl who belongs to a friend of mine...SUCH a doll!























And OF COURSE this little cutie pie! I love her mommy, too!!!


















Little Hudsy Puds also had his first experience at VBS, too! I've learned you gotta start 'em young!!! Hudson was the youngest little guy in the nursery (for helpers' babies only) that week. I was able to check on him all morning long and nurse him when needed. One day I see his teachers pushing this THING around..............

















I could not EVEN believe who was sitting on the back row in the corner smiling from ear to ear!!! MY BABY?!? He LOVED the "Bye Bye Buggy"!!!!!!!!!!
















In a church outfit no less (since his diaper had leaked)! OH how I pray he is a little guy who grows up in the church. I ALWAYS always ALWAYS wanted that for my children!
















Walker was all about his week of VBS, too. We took two friends with us everyday, he had another good buddy from his first grade class there AND we met Landon (Walker's new best bud) each morning.
Landon and Walker in worship...

















South Bosque (Soon-to-Be Second Grade) Studs...
















Our church is amazing. How they pull this whole VBS thing off the way they do is beyond me. It is such a cool week! I believe there were about 1,000 kids enrolled and 300 helpers. Crazy!
















How about these three beauties I saw each day?!?
















My little gang at worship time. (I taught with two really sweet ladies that I had never met before. Our lead teacher was awesome! Thank Goodness for that...I realized that teaching four year olds is not my thing. I was EXHAUSTED everyday. How ever in the world do elementary teachers do it?!? I have more respect for them than ever before! )

















Haddie loved music each day. She sang her little heart out! I loved that she knew most of the songs...thanks to Mrs. Janice, of course!!!





















"No more monkeys jumping on the bed"!!!

















I worried that Hadlee might cling to me and not participate as much with me in her class. That was FAR from the case! She was a perfect little princess and most of the kids never even knew I was her mommy!























We really did have a PRECIOUS class of 26 little four year olds.

















I made some sweet new friends, but this one held on to my favorite spot!!!






















Now THIS is what I call recreation time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
















The children learned so much. The week was about creation. I loved the art projects...

















Sweet Girl...I know ALL about God's promise! I pray you always will, too!

















One day after VBS, we met some friends for lunch. These friends were all younger girls that I went to school with and was in youth group with. It was SO FUN to be back with these girls! There was really something amazing in our youth group...I mean here we are all BACK together again in the same church with OUR kids. Haddie and Charley...






















Meet Landon. We had never met him until the day before VBS this year. His mom is a sweet, younger (ha!) friend of mine named Shannon. I actually really grew up with her brother...a great friend of mine. Well, Shannon and I have reconnected through our blogs (they live out of town now) and we just knew that Landon and Walker would hit it off. Boy, were we right!!!

















Although Landon is some tough competition with the ladies!!!
















AHHH...beautiful Shannon! Haddie fell in love with her, too. Talk about a fun loving, kind hearted person. You have her RIGHT HERE...
I love you all over again, Shannon!

















Funny pic of the guys before VBS family night...
















This was the crew that rode with me each morning PLUS Hadlee and Hudson! I love having a house full or a car full!!!

















I absolutely loved getting to watch my little princess in action all week. I realized that she is quite the shy one...moreso than I thought. So obediant in a situation like this, too.
























































I caught the Huds strolling down the hall another time...this time in a regular stroller. Just kickin' back smiling at VBS!
















I am so proud of this little VBS girl!!!
















I must confess that I had been so excited about teaching VBS until the weekend right before it. I just didn't quite know what I had gotten myself into!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that I helped with VBS. It's about time I started doing things like this. I had a ball, I learned, and I LOVED seeing my children during VBS!





















On the very last day of VBS, my mother made us all a wonderful lunch and let me relax a little bit!!! I needed it! ha!























Sign me up for next year!!! Spending a week with my three children, being with dear friends, learning more about God, helping precious little ones and knowing that my little boy accepted Jesus? ABSOLUTELY!

8 comments:

Hey! I'm Alison - wife. mom. child of God. teacher. said...

It looks like y'all had a great week. I'm sure you were great with all of the kids too. That's awesome about Walker! Can't wait to see y'all Friday!

Beth E. said...

Your pics of VBS are so sweet...I'm lovin' those pigtails on Hadlee. She's adorable, and Walker and Hudson are very handsome!

What wonderful news about Walker! All the angels in heaven were surely rejoicing...and so am I! Please let Walker know that I am soooo proud of his decision. :-)

You have a huuuuuge church! Wow! I can't imagine the preparations that took place for VBS. What fun!

Shannon said...

FIRST OF ALL - PRAISE JESUS FOR WALKER'S DECISION!!! That is just the most amazing thing and something that every mommy prays for! Please give him a big hug from us!

I love everything about this post! (OK - maybe everything but the boob shot of me! :-) Your kids are too precious and I am so thankful for our friendship! Here's to many more days spent together! Yippee! Love you friend!

angie said...

CONGRATS WALKER!!!!
Oh I am SO excited about Walker becoming a Christian-YES!!!!!!! That is So neat that it happened at good old FBCW. Awesome:-).
Girlfriend, you are a part of missions next year...where ALL the cool girls hang out--lol. I love all your pictures and the matching shirts. You all look good in green. Great post!

melanie, aka Mo said...

Ok, first, way to go to the big W man! That is so cool. I still very vividly remember the time at church when I went down front and then when I was baptized by my Poppa. Funny how that is something you just never forget!

Next... you and your mama... matching earrings. Go mamas!! Mo

Blessings from the Reeds said...

What a SUPER VBS! Way to go Walker. I had tears just thinking of him and that special day. The church looked amazing. What FUN!!!!!

Brandi said...

I want to come to your VBS!! Looks amazing! Soooo happy for Walker. Nate accepted Jesus into his heart last summer and it was by far the proudest and happiest moment for me!!! Your kids are absolutely adorable!!! And cute little Hudson is getting so big! VBS rocks!!!!

Elizabeth said...

WOW! We SO didn't talk enough about your VBS experience. I'm glad I caught all of the details on your blog, girl! So excited for Walker. That is amazing!