Thursday, July 8, 2010

Swimmers R Us

Hadlee had her first swim lessons the last week of May with the AMAZING Mrs. Back!!!























Sweet girl was a little hesitant (actually SCARED!) at first. But my sweet obediant little girl went right in and did as she was asked!

















Her "personal" teacher was Miss Maddie...who happens to be a former student of mine. She's a DOLL! Haddie loved Miss Maddie, too!!!






























I only took pictures on her last day so I didn't distract her.

















My pretty little thing did NOT like going under the water, but she did it when Mrs. Back asked. It was as if somebody was breaking Hadlee's heart when she had to go under though! So Mrs. Back, who is the sweetest teacher, didn't make her do it everyday. No broken hearts at Mrs. Back's pool!
Hudson and I thoroughly enjoyed sitting in Mrs. Back's beautiful backyard every day watching Haddie's lesson. He would lay on her towel and kick and kick!Walker, who only had to come one day, wasn't quite as interested but he survived!!
Haddie was so sweet and shy during each lesson.

Haddie and her "swim mates"...

Miss Maddie was perfect for my Haddie Girl! NOW, every time we go swimming Haddie tells me to be "Miss Maddie" and we practice her new techniques!!! (Haddie loves to pretend!)
Mrs. Janice & Miss Adrienne also came on the last day to see Haddie's new tricks!

So proud of my baby girl!!!

Daddy was out of town so he missed out on getting to see his little girl on her last day of swim lessons. We are ALL so proud of our newest swimmer!!! Plus you are the CUTEST thing in your little bathing suits!:)THEN, the second week of June was Walker's turn for swim lessons with Mrs. Back. Walker has never been crazy about the water to.say.the.least! I don't know why he has been this way especially since we did the mommy & me swim lessons when he was nine months old! ha! No really, he had a fear of going under water and also Walker just has to do things on his terms. Therefore, Mrs. Back and I decided that private lessons were the way to go this year. Mrs. Back is AWESOME and would you believe that on the VERY first day she had Walker swimming UNDER THE WATER and going to pick up rings on the pool floor!?!?!?!?!?!?All of the sudden, swimming just CLICKED for Walker. It was AWESOME!!!Mrs. Back quickly moved him onto diving?!? Are you kidding me? SUCH AN ANSWER to prayer! You just can't have your kid fearful of the water (unfortunately like I always was!).What a week for this kid!!!
Several times Mrs. Back told me that Walker wasn't only swimming, but that he was swimming well!!! She even started calling him Michael Phelps! ha ha!!!


















This was the same week as VBS so Mommy was on a major high!!!For Walker's last day, Mrs. Back asked him to come to a class where she was teaching some boys and a couple were a bit fearful. She wanted to use Walker as an example! How cool is that?!? You just really can't believe what a HUGE accomplishment this was for Walker. Now he's just a swimmer...like nobody's business! He begs to go swimming all the time!:)Walker's swim mates for one day...Walker & Mrs. Back really bonded. She is such an amazing woman. Her patience, her voice, her kindness...just a jewel! She even had an extra special treat for Walker on his last day.
We were all there to see Walker Phelps swim that week. It was such a relief for Troy and me!
Way to go, Babe! I love watching you swim underwater, jump in the pool and just have a blast being a little fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

WALKER DUDE.....WAY TO GO! I am so impressed and so proud of him! I know you and Troy are so thankful for Mrs. Back. WOW! Reagan loved H's bikini! She is wishing she had one just like it! :-)

Blessings from the Reeds said...

WAY to go Walkman!!!! The Reeds are so proud of you and love the little fish you are turning into. Congrats!!!

Haddie cakes you are just a sweet dumpling I could just eat up in that cute bikini!!!!! Way to go Haddie!

Beth E. said...

My goodness, y'all sure are having a great summer! I'm so proud of Walker and Hadlee and their swimming accomplishments. We didn't live near a pool when I was growing up, so I never learned to swim. Well, I know enough to paddle around a little, but I really don't swim WELL.

Both of our boys took swimming lessons for 2-3 summers, just so they could learn all the strokes and could improve their skills. They are excellent swimmers now!

Tell Walker and Hadlee to keep up the good work!

angie said...

Oh the comments...LOVE Mrs. Back and her beautiful yard...and sweet Maddie and Haddie and her superstar bikini!!! But most of all. Oh. My. Goodness. Walker the fish??!! That's just plain awesome:). What a difference a year makes! Nice work Michael Phelps:)