Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Walker's 8th Birthday

Friday, August 27th, 2010,
my BIG baby boy turned EiGHT!
Eight.Years.Old.
So full of life, so hilarious, so spirited,
so fun, & so stinkin' cute!
My eight year old, my second grader,
my heart, my love...Walker is all about his birthday (I can't
imagine who he gets that from...it's
not like I invented the birthday "week"
or anything!). I had to gently let
him know that with everything going
on this year, we were going to have
to keep his birthday simple and not
invite the entire class and neighborhood
as we normally do. He was cool with that!

So, we decided he could invite his
best buds to come home from school with
us on a Friday which happened to be his
actual birthday. Then we would all head to
PoppaRollo's (an eccentric Waco pizza place)
that evening and invite the rest of our
family and our Hoodies to join us there.
Walker was ALL about it...
especially the part about his buds
coming home from school with him!!! :)
All seven boys we invited were able to come.
When my friend/fellow mom helped
me bring them home, she was scared
to leave me alone with them! ha!
Nothing to it! ;))))))Walker has been been friends with some of these
boys since pre-k and one since kindergarten
and a couple from first grade.
All great kids and I love their parents, too!
Garrett, Walker, Braden, Ryan,
Colton, Zach, Jonah & MatthewLittle Sis just had to join in on this pic. :)
Someday I probably won't allow that!!!I love having boys! So fun & so crazy!!!
I can't imagine not getting to be mom to a boy.
Finally Daddy got home (thank Goodness
he hadn't been there the whole time! ha!) and
we loaded up to head to Poppa Rollo's!
Sweet Sister had to ride with Ro Ro
(which was fine by Haddie)! I totally assumed that Walker would have the Star Wars themed party that he had been planning since August 28th of last year. I was blown away when one day he told me that he'd like to have a Superman party in honor of Travis. Oh, how I love his sweet, precious heart. Landry Love showed up dressed as
SUPERMAN!!! THE BEST! :)))Daddy dishing out the quarters...You will begin to see a trend here...
the Hoodies embraced the theme 100%.
I have the best friends/neighbors in the
Whole.Wide.WORLD!!!Of course for my family Superman
clothes is all that we wear now! ha!

How incredible are my hoodies?!? And HOT!

My Two Big Supermen!
Walker D & Sweet BLuke & Walker...such great buds!
I don't have to doubt that Walker is getting
loved on at school! For the most part,
he and his buds aren't too cool to not hug yet!
Presents!
No Pierce party is complete without
a cookie cake! I've become "friends" with
the manager at our Cookie Company. When
I told her it was Superman theme, I didn't
even tell her our story. She told me she couldn't
do "Superman" b/c of copyright laws.
When I picked up the cake, she told me
that she had gone all over town looking
for a Superman something to go on the cake.
I teared up in front of her and proceeded
to tell her why that meant so much to me.
God is so good!
Super Sweet Girl
First there was ONE...
Then there were two...And then finally there were THREE!!!Best Buds!!! Oh Walker D...you are the love of
mommy's life! I know you know that
because you hear me tell you that
every.single.morning!!!Happy Birthday Dear Walker...May all your wishes come true!!!It turned out be a GREAT party...
awesome friends and family AND
celebrating the best eight year old I know!!!Even my hot house party was on!!! LOVE her! Just in case somebody wasn't
a cookie cake lover! Troy & Logan dominated
the tickets!!!!!!!What can I say?
My hoodie girls are the most amazing
friends in the world!!!
Mr. Casey was out of town. :(
Walker loves him some Aunt Michelle!
LOOK WHO HIT THE JACKPOT!!!!!!!!
I think my favorite thing to do is
celebrate my kids!!!
Braden even got to spend the night with us!
Such a FUN party!!!
Finally it was time to tear open all
your new stuff! Of course! ;)Walker, you are kind hearted, handsome,
smart, fun-loving, and hilarious!
I wish I could bottle you up!!!
You have brought a smile to my face
every single day of your life.
Happy 8th Birthday!
Your family LOVES you so much!!!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

OH PAPPAROLLOS!!!!
BTW, been meaning to tell you...my friend's little boy was wearing a SM shirt and I said "oh reminds me of my besties nephew...." She said.."Oh yea Travis, I sent him a Christmas card."
We had never spoke of Travis before, she found his Caringbridge or your blog through mine and sent it. Crazy! Travis is famous all over the world!

Rhonda said...

SUPER fun party for a SUPER great kid!!!! What a blast!!!

Beth E. said...

Best.Party.Ever! Well...until the next one, anyway! ;-)

I can't believe Walker is 8 years old...actually, I guess he's 8 1/2 already. Your sweet kids are growing up so fast!

I sure wish I could be there to hug everyone!

Love you, sweet Mindy!

Caryn said...

So glad you are back to blogging Mindy I have missed you! And God Bless the Great American Cookie Company I just teared up thinking of that precious owner working it for you!

Continuing to praying for Travis and your family.

Together We Save said...

Oh wow - wonderful pictures!! Your little guys smiling face is so sweet.