Thursday, February 10, 2011

Back to School...Seriously?!?

Seriously...SECOND GRADE? :/
Seriously...last year before kindergarten? :(
Seriously...first year with Mrs. Janice? :)


Not only did Hadlee take her new back pack that she chose to Mrs. Janice's (even though she had a darling "Hadlee" one from last year)....But also this sweet little friend! :) Hadlee couldn't wait to get to go back to Mrs. Janice's! She pretty much asked all summer long when she could go back. This year a BIG treat is to sometimes "get to" stay all day and "get to" take a nap! This THRILLS my little Haddie Girl! Isn't that funny? Taking a nap at home in the afternoons with mommy? Well, not so much! Four years old! And so precious to my heart!Then there is the sweetest little stinker in the world...seven months old and beginning his first year with Mrs. Janice. We are SO very, VeRY thankful that Janice agreed to keep Hudson each morning. It is the BIGGEST answer to prayer. Mrs. Janice is an ANGEL on Earth!!! Ive never been more comfortable leaving my children with anyone than her! Miss Adrienne is quite busy this year with nursing school so it's always such a treat when we do get to see her. This day she and Haddie both had on their Superman shirts!:)))Sweetest little gang ever! Really...what a precious bunch! I am so thankful! Kimi, Hudson, Hadlee and Everett.
That first week Haddie Girl crashed in the afternoons! Not Hudsy! Stinker Pot Pie is always so afraid to miss out on something! ;)My blue eyed BABE is such a burst of love and joy even when his mommy is so tired! What do we have here? My BiG, BABY BOY on the night before second grade at Meet the Teacher! Now he goes UP the hall way rather than down. He was pumped to meet his new teachers and see his friends. This little boy just melts my heart with his passion and zest for life and his quirky little ways. He is my heart. Mrs. Donahoo...his second grade teacher in the morning. She is a DREAM come true. She is just how you imagine the perfect teacher to be. She has the kindest, most compassionate heart and personality ~ her eyes and her sweet voice and everything. I knew from the moment I met her that I had the perfect teacher for Walker! Mrs. Bain is his second grade teacher in the afternoon. Another gift from God! Mrs. Bain is so nice and fun and wonderful in every way. This summer I was teaching VBS and had this kid who would not stop crying. Out of nowhere this lady comes up (she was a VBS director) and takes the crying kid from me and tells me not to worry. As she walked off, she said, "I'm Melle Bain by the way." I grabbed her and said, "YOU ARE WHO I WANT MY SON TO HAVE FOR SECOND GRADE!" I had already heard about the new second grade teacher! We became fast friends and then my wish came true!!!
Braden in his class again! Wahooooo!We just had to stop by and see our most fabulous first grade teachers EVER, EVER, EVER! Can't wait for Hadlee to have Mrs. S and Mrs. G! :) I miss them already. Mrs. Gingerich had a special treat for Hudson ~ his very own folder!!!He really did think he was something special getting that HUDSON Hornet folder!

'Fabulous Hudson'

August 2010

Just because......she is precious and delightful and sweet in every single way possible! I will be balling my eyes out next year when she starts kindergarten!!!

FIRST DAY OF SECOND GRADE!!!

Walker chose his baseball lunch box and baseball Under Armour shirt for the first day. Mommy got to choose the plaid shorts! ;)))Going up that hallway to Second Grade!Praying for this special young man to have a wonderful second grade year... Sweet Mrs. D!Sweet Mrs. B (crying after dropping her own sweetie at kindergarten!)...Walker got right to work and was a acting a little too cool for mama right about here...But he did oblige me with one last smile! I love him so much!!!BOTH of his teachers e-mailed me separately that day to tell me what an awesome day Walker was having and how sweet he was!

With Hunter B before school that first week. Hunter started TENTH grade (seriously?)!SO very thankful for a smooth, perfect start to second grade......and for being able to have Hunter stay with us!...and lastly for FUN dance parties every night that week!!!

I act all sad over my babies growing up and going to second grade and having their last year before kindergarten and I am sad...that's no joke. But at the same time, I'm excited and thrilled as they do grow up. I'm simply amazed at their sweet little selves (most of the time!). God has blessed me with beautiful children with sweet hearts and I'm just so thankful! I can't say that enough. I love all the people in their lives...most especially their amazing teachers. Mrs. Janice, Mrs. Donahoo and Mrs. Bain are precious, precious souls to us. They love my babies when I can't be there. Seriously? There's no better feeling than that!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I'm SO glad you are back to blogging!!! I love pulling up my dashboard each morning and seeing an update from you!! Hudson's special folder is adorable - what a SWEET teacher to remember baby brother, too!!! It looks like everyone got off to a great school year! Even Hunter!! Don't you know he was like, "Please, Aunt Mindy, I'm in 10th grade - do you REALLY have to take my picture before I leave for school?!?" And your answer was - YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!

Beth E. said...

I know they are having a good year so far. I guess Walker has already learned how to write in cursive, huh? That's always a big deal for a second grader!

Love, love, love the pictures. I can't believe how big your sweet babies are getting!

Brandi said...

Your little bambinos are to die for cute!!! I mean ADORABLE!! 2nd grade was my fave grade to teach. I hope to one day teach 2nd again. I'm so glad you are back. I think of you all the time!!!! Praying for your sweet nephew and your family!!! Oh, Addi's boots came from Old Navy. She wears them allllllll the time. Take care my friend!!!!!