Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Dream...

Last night, I had the most real dream. 
Travis, Garrett and Troy were all over at Lynna's.
Travis was sitting in his recliner,
and I had just come into the room.
Troy and Garrett told me to look over at
Travis.  He had the biggest grin on his face. 
Then they told me to notice how he
didn't have his Dynavox or his letters out.
 All of the sudden,
in his REAL voice............
I hear this, "Hey"...and then Trav's
laughter...his real LIVE laughter.
Travis.Could.Talk.

The dream was so real and I didn't
want it to end.  I could not wait to
call Lynna and tell her, but I didn't
want to stop talking with Travis.
I can't even recall what all he was 
saying...it was just that he was talking
in his voice that I haven't heard in
almost fifteen months.
He was so Travis. 

  I woke up thinking how I still
couldn't wait to call Lynna.......
:(

This dream recharged me and I immediately
knew I just need to pray that much
harder and BELIEVE despite
what we are told and despite
how hard Travis is working to talk
and eat ~ with no results.

Through the course of the day,
I couldn't fight back the tears though.
The longing and the sadness just
set in and I truly thought
my heart was going to burst.
I desperately want Travis to
talk again.  And eat again.
And walk again.
And be himself again.
I.LONG.FOR.IT.FOR.HIM.
and selfishly for me, too. 
Jesus said to him,
"If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes."
Mark 9:23

Maybe this dream was a sign from God
for me to believe more...
I don't know.
But I do know that I'm going to
take it as that, and
remind myself how very THANKFUL
I am that Travis IS here with us...
talking or not talking
and allow my faith and my belief
to be recharged. 

MY BOLD PRAYERS ARE
RENEWED TODAY!!!

I love you, Travis:)
And I hope we can "talk" again
really soon...

6 comments:

Mrs. Davison said...

I pray with you for the same.

Brandi said...

I'm sorry, it's got to be so hard!!!! Praying for your sweet Travis!!!

Kimberly said...

I had a dream once that Travis was just hangin out...I never told you but I did. I love love love your awareness that it is a sign to pray and believe even more. I love you!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Standing with you in believing this will come true. Praying ever so hard. Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers! (and dreams!)

Katie said...

Thank you for sharing this, Mindy. Love your heart!

Beth E. said...

Praying, believing, and dreaming with you!

Love you...