Monday, October 14, 2013

Throat Surgery for Trav!!!

I post quite a bit about Travis on
Facebook.  We have so many faithful,
amazing friends and supporters whom
I believe truly do pray for him...
especially when we ask. 
 
I'm always shocked though how often people
express to me that they didn't know
that Travis still can't eat, talk or walk
(unassisted).  People see the pictures I post
and he looks AMAZING and HANDSOME
or they see things Travis posts and they
just don't get it.  It's to no fault of their own...
it's just an unbelievable, horrifying
YET amazing story.
But the fact remains, that three and a half
years after his accident, Travis still can't
eat, talk or walk (without assistance). 
Think for just one second what it would
be like not to be able to eat what you wanted...
much less ANYthing or not to be able to
say what was on your mind because you
can't get words to come out. 
My family and I would give ANYthing
in the world to change this for Travis.
You just have no idea.
Our hearts break for him every.single.day:(
 
I couldn't love him more...
Thankfully, an ENT Doctor in town
has agreed to try to help Travis.
He has made it very clear that Trav's injuries are so
extensive but he's willing to try some things.
This is the FIRST doctor willing!!!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!
I think it's of no coincidence that this
doctor is a Christian (who also goes
to my church) and has had his fair share
of trials...including battling cancer!
 
Last Thursday, he did a couple of
procedures on Travis to try to help
with his swallowing and even with his
speech issues.  I couldn't even try to
explain because it's so far over my head
and just so complex due to Trav's brain
not telling these muscles and parts to work.
 
ALL smiles as usual on the morning
of the procedures at the hospital...
God bless our Superman's heart!!!!!!!
The doctor says that there are pretty much
TEN major things wrong that he can work
on for Travis.  He started with two of the
issues that morning and THANKFULLY,
he was able to accomplish what he intended
to do.  Now only time and LOTS and LOTS
of therapy will tell how or if it will help.
Walker, God love him, was thinking
that the surgery would be magical...
and he thought Trav would be able
to eat a pizza afterwards.
OH HOW I WISH.....................
Please pray with us though!!!!!!!
 
Putting a person with a TBI to sleep has
more risks than on a person without. 
Poor Lynna was filled with such worry
in the days leading up to this. 
She felt a peace that morning...no doubt
from the many prayers being said.
 
Travis did AWESOME! 
In fact, that afternoon when I took
the kids to see him, nobody would
ever have been able to know he had
been sedated and "worked on" earlier
that day.  Guess that's why he's
our Man of Steel!  ;)
Do not strive in your own strength; cast yourself at the feet of the Lord Jesus, and wait upon Him in the sure confidence that He is with you, and works in you. Strive in prayer; let faith fill your heart-so will you be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.
   ~ Andrew Murray

2 comments:

Mrs. Davison said...

I always love to hear about Travis. My heart breaks, with all of yours, over his struggles. I continue to pray...

snekcip said...

It's amazing how God has Angels amongst us. Prayers for a successful surgery and lifting Travis in prayer.