Monday, September 13, 2010

Dedicated

I wrote this on June 25th and just never posted it.

On June 6th, we had Hudson dedicated at our
church. Since we weren't members of a
church when Walker and Hadlee were
babies, we had all three dedicated
on this day together.














This day was like a dream come true for me...having a church home for my little family PLUS truly dedicating my babies with my husband to our Lord.
















The church gave each of the kids an age appropriate Bible. Walker and Haddie are so proud of their new Bibles. Walker has REALLY been reading his! After his first night of reading it, he asked me if I knew who "Eva" was. That's how he was pronouncing Eve. Sweet Boy!

















This is the church where I grew up being a very active member of the youth group. Some of my most amazing memories from high school and jr. high are from this church. I have the most wonderful feeling when I am there. I am just so thankful for a church home. I really feel God's love through the pastor and the people of this church. I would have never dreamed that I would stand on that stage with my family of five. I love that my husband is a man of God and that he wants to raise our kids in the church. My cup runneth over and I give all the glory to God.











Grandmother and PaPa joined us for the dedication and a nice lunch after church.





June 6, 2010 First Baptist Church of Woodway Our amazing, best friends also came for the dedication! This meant so much to us!!! God forbid if something were to happen to Troy and me........ BUT looks like a good fit for our three with the Reeds! ha ha!

















We really didn't tell the rest of our family about this day...I don't know why...just trying to keep it simple. I was so thankful to have my parents there though.

















My beloved Walker, Hadlee and Hudson...this was a VERY important day in your life as well as in your Mommy and Daddy's. We made a promise to the Lord to do everything within our power to raise ya'll in a Godly way. I can't think of a better committment for us to make. My greatest prayer for the three of you other than your health and your safety, is for you to have a relationship with Jesus all the days of your life. I must confess to you that I find it easy to have a strong relationship with Jesus when things are at their very best in my life because I know to give Him all the glory and also when things are at the very worst in my life because without Him I know I couldn't make it through those times. I strive though to have a daily walk with Jesus...and I pray that for you, too. I've learned that Jesus can be your friend, your very best friend. He is someone to talk to and pray to all day long...even on your ordinary, nothing special type days. Listen to Mommy...Sweet Jesus is your everything.























"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." 1 Samuel 1:27–28

3 comments:

Mrs. Davison said...

Praise the Lord. Good job, Mindy! And, congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Prayers and love.

Shannon said...

Wow! I love the words you wrote to them at the end of this post. So so true for most of us. Love you.

Katy said...

I love this post, Mindy! It made me cry! Isn't it so wonderful to have a husband who proudly stands up there with you AND to have darling babies to dedicate to the Lord?? I mean, it's just so special and dear to our hearts. How blessed we are!