Thursday, September 6, 2012

Happy 10th BIRTHday, Walker!

TEN years ago.........
Walker was born at 7:31 in the evening (after
over 24 hours of labor!).  He was perfect!
8 pounds, 13 ounces ~ plump, precious, perfect:)
The nurses finally brought him to Troy
and me late that night and all of the
sudden it was our little family of three.
I was in awe.  These pictures and the memory
of that night are priceless to me. 
Absolutely the most amazing moments
of my life.  My life had truly never
been sweeter than that night.
(Especially when this sweet baby boy
with the most gorgeous lips slept
all night long on his first night!!!).....
As long as I live I will never forget
that feeling of looking over and seeing
my husband holding our baby.  
As the BIG ten year b-day approached,
I couldn't help but reminince!  All of these
pictures were taken RIGHT after Walker
was born.  Yes, we let everyone in
immediately AFTER.  Poor baby hadn't even
had his bath and EVERYONE held him!!!
I grabbed a few pictures to text on his bday;)
Aunt Michelle...
Aunt Lynna and Travis...
Macy... 
 
The next day with Logan...
God Mommy...

On Walker's actual BIRTHday this year,
we celebrated him all.day.long!:)
10, 6, 2
Walker ran the show this day!!!
His first priority was a trip to the
Game Stop to spend his gift card
from the Reeds!:)  He was SO pumped
over this!!!  Three games later, he was set:)  
Double Digits!  I still can't believe it;(
Couldn't.Love.Him.More.
He is SO much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
My handsome, happy, kind-hearted
YOUNG MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
We actually had Meet the Teacher night
to attend so we decided to just celebrate
with our family of five.  We let Walker
choose where we ate and after we ruled
out Peter Piper's:( he decided on Mazzio's!
We are so proud of this kid!!!
It melts my heart how close these two are...
The Sweet Reeds, Walker's other
family, left cupcakes for him:)
One thing's for certain, there
is never a dull moment with this boy;)
Hadlee was taking a picture of us
to show how tall Walker is getting!
 
This huge package was waiting on
the front porch for Walker!!!!!!!!!
He was SO excited to tear into this
huge gift from God Mommy!!!!!!!!!
SCORE for God Mama!!!
Walker thought this gift was the bomb.com!
God Mommy also made a reference
to the Hunger Games in her card to
Walker...I didn't get it, but he did
immediately!!!!!!  
I took these pics to text to Kelli Kelly:) 
Family gifts:)))
Hadlee was so excited for Brother...
Texas Ranger Baseball Cards!!!
The X-Box game he has been wanting: 
Lego Batman 2!!!
Celebrating Good Times!!!!!!!!!!
 Ten is going to be FUN,
I can already tell!!!
Time for some archery of course;)
Sweet Boy, you stole my heart ten years ago...
Then it was time for more cookie cake!!!
I haven't a clue why I'm in all of these pictures!!!
Haddie & Daddy were the photogs!;)
Happy Birthday, Dear Bubba!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday to YOU!!!
Not a bit bashful;)
Right after his wish, he looked up
and said, "I've been making the same
wish for two years now and I think
you all know what it is...
hint hint Superman!"
God bless his sweet, caring heart.
Tears filled mine and Troy's eyes.
Proud, sweet Tears. 
Such a HAPPY day honoring our Walker!!!
Later that night, he was lying in my
bed reading and I remembered
I had never given him his card!!!
I couldn't wait because my
Walker D most certainly IS ......
AWESOME, CONFIDENT, AND COOL!
Like Superman:)

 Sweet, Beautiful Baby Boy...
Ten years ago when I was finally able
to hold you in my arms, my life
was changed forever.  For the better!!!
I love everything about you.
E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.
but probably most of all that you
have such a kind and caring heart.
You truly seem to care about others
and you are nice to everyone.
Daddy and I say it all the time...
you are just a good, good kid!
Wild as all get out at home;)
but we wouldn't have you any other way!
You grew another inch literally in the
last month and the latest pair
of shoes we bought you are a
men's size NINE!!!
You are so perfect to me.
I pray for you and with you
every single day.
And when we pray together...
well, that's just amazing.
You are my heart
and have been for the last
ten years......since just about
this moment that I will
never, ever forget...................
Happy, HAPPY 10th
         BIRTHday, Walker Dalton!!!!!! 

 
Trust in the LORD, and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it. 
Psalm 37:3-5

1 comment:

Beth E. said...

Wow, Walker is growing up so fast! Before you know it, he'll be taller than you AND Troy! :-)

Thanks for sharing his special day...it's ALMOST as good as being there. ;-)

Love you...