Sunday, September 9, 2012

FIRST Grade and FOURTH Grade

 Monday, August 27th was
Meet the Teacher Night!!!
We also had to meet up with
our sweet friends, too;)
I got a little emotional thinking about
this being Walker's last year at South
Bosque.  This has been SUCH a
happy place for us:) Walker will literally
have spent seven years at this elementary...
two years of employee pre-K through 4th.
God has blessed us at this school!!!
THIS year appears to be absolutely
no different...this is Mrs. Wellborn.
I already love her so much and can
tell what a precious soul she is.
AND a cancer survivor just this
last year!!!  WOW!
As one of the BIG men on campus now,
Walker switches classes;) He has
Mrs. Bell (who had Hunter for 2nd grade)
for Social Studies and my sweet, dear
friend Mrs. Cates for Language Arts...
she is a prayer warrior and her love
for the Lord & children shines through her!!!
I wish "I" could be in her class;)
Then it was downstairs to visit
Hadlee's FIRST grade teachers:
First, Mrs. Schmeltekopf!!!  We've
been counting down the days for her
to get Hadlee since, well, since
Walker was in this class!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same goes for this beautiful lady...
Mrs. Gingerich!!!  Hadlee and I
have both looked sooooo forward
to this year.  She was giving them
both hugs every day last year.
I am so thankful for these two
beautiful and dear friends!!!
Sweet Girl is in the first grade!!!
That was one of my favorite grades
as a child in Miss Crow's class (she's
still my friend AND one of my first grade
classmate's daughter is also in
THIS first grade class!)
Such a big girl by her desk and in
her darling outfit from Grandmother...

It happened to be the Walkman's
10th Birthday and I couldn't
get enough of him!!! ;)

Wednesday, August 29th was the
first day of school!!!!!!!!!!
Still a little sleepy, but all VERY happy
and excited!!!  My prayers were being answered;)
4th grade, 10 years old
1st grade, 6 years old
Mrs. Janice's 3rd year, 2 years old
And ready to stir up some trouble?!?;)
The STORM was ready!!!
Precious Pie asked me to wake her
up extra early so I could straighten
her hair for the first day!!!  Say what?!?
She looked adorable in her
new outfit, Twinkle Toe shoes, leopard
backpack and lunch kit!!!  
All her choice;)
Little man had a new Under Armour
outfit on...it's his favorite.  Wonder
why?!?  His shirt says "The
Future is Ours"...how fitting!?!
Big Man was cool, calm, and collective...
in his new Under Armour, huge
shoes, & Texas Ranger Titan!!!
Hudson loves going to Mrs. Janice's...
he hasn't really skipped a beat.
He is so excited to run up to her door:)
Probably because the sweetest lady in the
world is waiting for him on the other side!
Troy and I both went with Walker &
Hadlee, but since it was so crowded
T-Daddy Love just dropped us off
and drove around waiting on me;(
Last year the first day of kindergarten
was not an easy time :((((
I asked Hadlee if she was going to cry
again and she looked at me like I was
crazy.  She said, "I know my teachers
this year.  Last year I didn't know
Mrs. Decker yet."  It was like
DUH...that's why I cried!!!
THIS YEAR...nothing but Big Girl:)
We adore Mrs. S!!!!!!
And Mrs. G!!!  What an amazing
feeling to leave my child knowing
I didn't have a thing to worry about!
My 4th grader went straight up to
his class without mommy!!!:(
But being the over-bearing Mother I am,
I went up to check on him!!!
I also wanted to sneak a peak
at my precious Kate Kate!!!
They both look horrified when I suggested
this picture, but they obliged!  ;)
I guess they are used to it...
they have ten years worth of pics!!! 
So thankful for such an AWESOME
teacher for his LAST year at SB:(
And absolutely thankful for great
friends, too!!!  ALways:)

I thought about Walker & Hadlee
allllllllllllllllllllllllllll day long.
I wondered if they were tired,
if they were hungry, if they were
happy, if they were missing me,
and on...........and on!!! I just
can't help it.  I prayed for them
with every thought!!!
Huds and I were the second
car in line!!! Yay!  As soon as
we pulled up, I let Hudson get
out of his seat (since we had
quite the wait!).  He rolled
down the window and right in
front of the school yelled,
out of nowhere, "HEY BABY!!!"
One look at this little girl and
I knew she'd had a great day!!!
She loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was no different when this huge
kid got in the car, too!!!!!!
Happy & Excited & Talkative!!!

....and hungry;)
When we got home, I told the kids 
I wanted a first day pic with each.
That's always such an easy task;) HA
Especially with the STORM!!!
The photo shoot went off without a hitch;)))
"Girls rule, Boys drool"
Adore.My.Girl:)
My BIG, huge LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't get enough of this kid!!!!!!!!!!!
I treasure this picture...
Sweet Haddie Cakes captured our love!
Wonder where they get their craziness?!?
I just can't seem to figure it out?!? ;)
First day of FOURTH and FIRST grade...
COMpleTE and TOtaL SUCCESS!!!
My first week at MHS was
especially wonderful this year, too.
I already have a favorite student
in my SENIOR English class
second period...Logan!!!:)
I also have another favorite student
who comes to see me as often as he can!
Hunter B :)
Second day...the two H's look unhappy
but it wasn't over going to school!
They were fighting over mama's lovin';)
There were no tears for the second day
and ALLLLL awesome reports again!
Hadlee was THRILLED to have
her first 'homework', too!  She needed to fill
a white bag with a few things that represent
her.  She chose a family picture,
a fun pic with her family, a dance
picture AND her "Hadlee" Barbie doll!
Walker was called on stage in celebration
 of his August 27th birthday!!!
Finally, Friday!
A fabulous first week of first & fourth grade!!!
 "Lean on, trust in, and be confident in
the Lord with all your heart and mind
and do not rely on your own insight
or understanding.  In all your ways
know, recognize, and acknowledge
Him, and He will direct and make
straight and plain your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: