Monday, September 3, 2012

Back in the Groove....

I returned back to school a week before
my kiddos.  It's a nice transition
for them (not so much for
their mama though!  ha!)
I didn't take pictures of Hadlee
and Hudson on their first
day back at Mrs. Janice's...
but they were SO happy and excited!!!
Sweet girl played "calendar" time
all that afternoon and evening;)
She says she wants to be a teacher!
Walker REALLY liked mommy's first
day back because he spent the day
with the Reeds!!!  They went bowling
and Walker told me he got second
to last place!  ha ha!  RoRo told
me he was a natural though!  ;)

 THEN they got to play in the
rain at the park!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Walker loves to be a REED;)


Hudson asked about going to Mrs.
Janice's mid-summer and I told
him she wasn't home;( Well,
every single time her name came up
the rest of the summer, he would
say "she home now?"
I was so excited to finally tell
him that she was home!!!!!;)
Do you know how nice it is to
have your kids EXCITED about going
to stay somewhere?!?!?!?!?
Makes this mama's heart
THANKFUL;)
Hadlee absolutely loves getting to
go back to Mrs. Janice's even though
it's only for a week.  She adores Janice:)
Kate stayed over at Janice's, too,
and I think they played their
little hearts out.........
On my second day back,
Grandmother treated us to lunch
at our fave spot and then we went shopping. 
I am SO thankful to be a part-time teacher.  
Let's hope they never have to
 really ride in a police car! ;)
In the evenings we got to hang some with
our Hoodies:) I love that Hadlee has
someone like Sweet Lauren to look up to!
LaLa is wonderful with Haddie Cakes:)
THEN, the dreaded dreaded day
arrived...HAIR CUTS for the boys!!!
Poor Walker was BUMMED
over this, but Daddy insisted!!!
We gotta follow the rules
and look like a clean cut kid;)
Goldilocks didn't seem to mind......
but oh how this mama hates
getting these blond curls cut!!!;(
As for my first days back...
they were just fine.  I loved seeing
my sweet teacher friends and catching up.
The meetings?  Not.so.much.fun!
One day I wore a new Chevron
skirt I got and Troy made fun of it. 
Low and behold, I show up at
our meetings to find my best friend
(back in the district!) wearing her
Chevron!!!!!!!!!  Everyone
was laughing at us! ;)
Other than feeling extremely tired
getting back in the groove,
the week went very well!
I am thankful for HAPPY kids...
who have AMAZING people to stay
with like Mrs. Janice, the Reeds, the
Carrs and of course Grandmother!
(She and Walker had a Spiderman
movie marathon for three mornings
straight...she bought all three for
them to watch!).  I am also
thankful for an awesome job
and for the chance to help
young people every single day!!!
My four "I WILL's" for
this year at school are:
 
 
I will INSPIRE.
I will make a DIFFERENCE.
I will help my students be 
confident in their writing.
I will (try) to be on Time.

The actual day before school we
just had to go to Chickfila for lunch:)

We even had some lunch guests;)
I get very sad thinking about being away
from my kids all day long:( I'm not one who
needs a lot of time away from my kids. 
I feel like they are on loan to me
and quite honestly I hate to miss a minute
of their precious lives!  I also just
know how much pressure is on kids
today in school and I hate that. 
Their days are long and tiring. 
I just wish they could be part-time like me;)
THANKFULLY though I get to
spend the afternoons with my
blue eyed buddy and that makes my
heart happy!  I've had this special time
with each of my kids and I am
beyond grateful for it. 
Such a sweet stinker;)
That evening all three of Hadlee's "American
Girl" dolls ;) had to get back to school hair-do's....
Huddy loves to play with Haddie!!!
I actually think my sweet, sensitive sister
was feeling the ache of going back to school
and not getting to be with her counterpart;(
She was alllll about her Hudson that day. 
Hadlee is the one taking these pictures and
she LOVED that she got this one of
Hudson with Emily Jones in the background
(a reporter for the Rangers!!!)...
Goofy girl missing her front
tooth for first grade;)))
My favorite though was that
afternoon when we were doing some
redneck water fun in the backyard.
I asked the kids if they were
ready for the first day of school...
HA!  Take a look at that
4th grade 'tude!!!!!!!!!!!
Praying for an awesome year!!!!!!!!
 
I posted this quote in my classroom.
  I absolutely LOVE it!!!
 
 
“Do all the good you can.
By all the means you can.
In all the ways you can.
In all the places you can.
At all the times you can.
To all the people you can.
  As long as ever you can.”
John Wesley


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

y El Niño Pelo De Color Guero Que Se Encuere Todo Lados Y Tambien Que Se Quite El Short Y Tambien Los Calzones Quiero Aver Su Pilin Su Pito Y Tambien Su Culo Y Yo Tengo Mucho Dinero Para Comprar Una Paleta De Capuchino Por Si Gustan Señora Dile Al Niño Chiquito Pelo De Color Guero Que Se Encuere En Todos Lados