Sunday, December 4, 2011

Treasures

 Hadlee could not wait for
Daddy (and Walker) to get the tree up
so we could hang the ornaments.
After about fifteen minutes or so,
she was done...
as in d-o-n-e, done!
Might have been mommy's desire
for precise placement of each
treasured ornament, I'm just now sure;
regardless, Haddie Girl
fell sound asleep right then and there! 
Walker, in true Walker D fashion,
was in and out hanging an ornament here
and there but MOSTLY trying to
shoot particular ornaments with his nerf gun;)
 Which then led to jumping off
the chair before he shot...
 THEN this seemed allllllll
too funny to Walker......
 I have to admit that I had tears
rolling down my face! 
This kid is a RIOT:)
 He is goofy, spirited and funny!
He is so.much.like.his.DADDY;)
Moments laughing with him and at him
are absolute treaures!!!!!!! 

 I absolutely LOVE ornaments.
I can tell you exactly where each of
my ornaments came from and I
treasure them dearly.
I especially love these that have
my babies' pictures...
Walker when he played soccer at age four,
Haddie at Mrs. Heather's
and Hudson at Mrs. Janice's...
 Superman...well, that one speaks
for itself.  And how appropriate that
my "Bless Us Everyone" hangs by
our Superman:)  LOVE the white
Christmas tree ornament that my
parents gave us one year.  My mother
gives us at least one ornament a year
and she has always bought us
ornaments while on their trips
all over the world. 
Kelli G painted the hot pink balls
with her special education kids
a few years ago and tied the
cutest polka dot ribbon on them.
Treasures.
 South Bosque has given us an
ornament with Walker's picture
every year since he was in pre-k.
Haddie made such precious
ornaments over at Mrs. Heather's
and Mrs. Janice's.
Now, Hudson is doing the same:)
Treasures!
 In fact, here is an angel
that Hudson made last week!
I love it:)))
 My latest treasure...
 New Big Brother & Big Sister ornaments!
Love these!
My precious little God Daughter, Kate
and Chloe are getting one, too:)
 These three ornaments are priceless
treausures to me...
Baby's First Christmas Ornaments
for each ~ 2002, 2006, 2010
 Betsy sent me this ornament and another like
it when Walker was little.  One hangs on my
wall all year long.  I also love to hang my
Betsy & Craig ornament...that's
how she asked me to be a bridesmaid
in her wedding 14 years ago. 
 This red reindeer is an antique...my mother gave
me several of my ornaments from her tree
when I got married.  The dove is one that
I made in elementary school. 
The white Christmas tree one is silk...
my parents bought it in a lace shop
in Antweys, Belgium. 
Priceless treasures.
 The first trolley car that Kelli sent me
from San Fran when she first moved there.
Such a treasure...she's my San Francisco Treat;)
 A sweet student...Amanda Matthews
gave me the Eiffel Tower.  Love it.
I bought the pink Mr. & Mrs. Clause heart
ornament to represent Troy & me;)
 Speaking of Troy and me...
one of my principals, Brenda, at the first
school I taught (Coppell Middle School West)
gave this to me when I got married in 1999.
A treasure...
 I did a post similar to this a couple
of years ago...but I can't resist doing it
again:)  I love a home decorated for
Christmas ~ especially my very own. 
Makes me feel so grown up and...
content! :)

Ahhhh my favorite and treasure
picture of my Sweet Chloe Bo
who now lives in Australia :(
Cutest Christmas picture EVER...
AND she has a new baby brother, Ben!
He was born on October 10th to my bestie
Kimberly and her hubby Marc. 
Baby Ben is now a treasure
(down under!) to me!!!
My dear mother gave me this angel
and it is one of my very favorite
gifts EVER...she bought it because
the angel has brunette hair like me.
Only a mother would think of that!!!
 She is a treasure to me...
just like my beautiful mother is.
 Talk about a treasure.............
I absolutely adore this manger scene
that my dear mother-in-law painted.
It is so precious and perfect.
God bless my mother-in-law's heart,
but she had major back surgery two
weeks ago and is still in the hospital
and can't walk yet.  :(
It's been awful for her and I can't
pray enough for her healing.
Her sweet son, my hubby,
has been staying most nights at the
hospital with her
(that's where he was this night).
I treasure her and him so much. 
Hadlee loves this manger scene
and plays with it quite often...
very delicately of course!;)
She has been asking me lots of questions
about Baby Jesus and Mary.
Each year, especially since becoming a mother,
 I am even more moved
by the entire story of the birth of
Jesus and all that goes along with it.
I love Haddie's sweet questions
and I love the song "Away in a Manger".

Friday night the kids decorated
their own treasured trees:) 
Walker is really into his nutcracker
collection that Grandmother started
for him a few years ago:)
 Maybe next year Hudson will
get a Christmas tree upgrade;)

But the absolute BEST
treasures in my life are
my little Prince Charming who slept
through all of the tree decorating..............
My beautiful Sleeping Beauty..........
 And of course my Nerf Ninja;)))
 For where your treasure is,
there your heart will be also.
Luke 12:34

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Even though I NEVER comment anymore, I read every.single.word of every.single.blog!!! I love EVERYthing about EVERYone!!! Funny thing ~ Mark and I have the EXACT same "Our First Christmas" heart ornament!!! Except ours is dated 1993! Christmas ornaments are one of my FAVORITE things, too! Each and every ornament has meaning, and brings back memories to when and where I got it! You just reminded me that I want to take some special pictures of my ornaments and blog about them!!!

snekcip said...

Hey Mindy, I love the "trip down memory lane" on the ornaments. The sleeping "beauty" was hilarious!!! The kids are gonna enjoy looking back on these one day!!

I haven't commented in awhile but I want to wish your family and the Travis entourage a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!