Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Walker's Guitar Performance

In fifth grade, students get to have
one six weeks of learning how to play
the guitar.  This was SO COOL
for Walker.  He loved it!!!!!
And I think this school "event"
goes down as one of my favorites...
it was just so good.
He was so proud to show off
his new talent!!!
I was so moved!!!!!!!
It really was awesome.  
Walker was so serious...
They played "Hot Cross Buns", "Ain't Nothing But
a Hound Dog", "Smoke on the Water"...among
many others including my favorite ~
a Coldplay Song!!!!!!!!
Cade did a little solo! 
Mrs. Koch asked for volunteers...
I knew Walker's hand would not go up!  ;)
Walker looked so big and handsome
up on that stage with his guitar!!!
He's so cute and sweet:)
Huds made himself at home during the concert;)
Walker is so studious when at school;)
The Sixth Grade Orchestra joined them
for the last couple of songs. 
It really was just awesome!!!!
Sweet Presli was in his class, too!  :)
Jared was right beside Walker.  
I have to give Mrs. Koch full credit for
this.  She is just the best!!!  I grew up
with her daughter and we've known the Kochs
forever.  Mrs. Koch also had Hunter
and Logan for music.  So thankful for
this woman and her influence on Walker!
Just outstanding with all of these
young people creating such
awesome music!!!!!!!!
I really was moved to tears!
Of course I was MOST impressed
by this handsome young man...
Matthew, Jared, Walker, Cade
Sweet, talented kiddos:)
Grandmother loved it!!!
Troy was out of town and HATED
missing this program!  :(
As usual, Walker had a fan club:)
LOVE these fifth grade guys...
So thankful that Walker got to have
Mrs. Koch this year.  I would never, ever
have dreamed that Walker would choose
choir for his sixth grade elective, but
thanks to Mrs. Koch's influence...
choir it is!  I am thrilled!!!
Mrs. Koch is retiring this year
and she will be VeRY missed:(
I hope Walker continues to practice
guitar on Daddy's.  It's such a cool talent!
 
PROUD of YOU, Walker Boy!!!!!!
 
 

1 comment:

snekcip said...

Being a former band member and I truly LOVE this!! Being introduced to music at elementary level is wonderful. At Bre's school they have the "recorder club" and I think it is SO cute! However, I LOVE the idea of offering guitar lessons!! HOW COOL. There is nothing like a teacher that LOVES teaching and kids who LOVE learning!! We love our MUSIC TEACHER TOO!! They are priceless and a rare find indeed!! Your little man looked like a NATURAL up there with that guitar!! He is SO handsome and growing like a weed!!