Thursday, December 30, 2010

A True Christmas

Merry, Merry Christmas!!!

I'm REALLY, really trying to get
caught up on my blog.
It's a MAJOR goal of mine for the holidays.
I'm a little O.C.D. on certain things, so
I must pick up where I left off waaaaaay
back in August. It's just the way my mind works.
SO....I still have Back to School, Hillcrest
Hospital days, Halloween,
my ten month old WALKING,
Thanksgiving, MANY trips to and from
the hospital in Austin, lots of things
in between and finally Christmas 2010
(which was AMAZING!!!).

Christmas Day actually marked five
months since Travis' accident.
While I still hate, hurt, and cry over that
event every single day, I also REJOICE
in how far my handsome and amazing
nephew has come......with all the
GLORY going to GOD!

If you don't believe in miracles,
then please join Trav's story!
It has been miracle after miracle.
We are told anything beyond him
waking up is MIRACULOUS.
Yes, his medical team never
believed he would wake up!!!
GOD is GOOD!!!

Travis is still not able to talk,
walk or eat on his own.......
and those aspects are absolutely heartbreaking,
but we aren't giving up!
Not EVER!!!

Here is my entire family on
Christmas Day with Travis
at Texas Neuro Hospital.........

All of the aunts and uncles came together to get Travis an iPad for Christmas. This was totally and completely Troy's idea and he took care of everything to make it happen. Thank you, my love! Travis was SO excited over his iPad!!! :) Finally something he can learn to communicate with us on and also something to occupy him. BEST money we have ever spent!

I sent two Christmas cards together this year. I have a million thank you notes to write and just can't seem to get them done. So, for now, this Superman thank you card will have to do. I truly am so thankful for all of the prayers and support we have received. It's unbelievable.

It was also my precious little Hudson's first Christmas! Oh my sweet, sweet Baby Love! You are the light of our lives! And such a silly little mess now, too! I am so incredibly blessed with my three angel babies! :)))))) They are my everything.

I hope I never, ever forget the wave of emotion when I hugged Travis on Christmas Day. To feel him wrap his arms around me almost overwhelmed me. To know that exactly five months before, I thought I was touching him for the very last time. God has performed a complete and total miracle and I have witnessed it. I am SO beyond THANKFUL. Although we were two hours from home spending Christmas in a hospital with my once fun-loving, crazy nephew who can no longer speak or function on his own, it was STILL the most amazing Christmas ever. My family and I feel God's love all around us and we see His miracles every time we look at Travis.

Hope your Christmas was Merry & Bright!

More blog coming SOON...really for my own records, but wanted you to know anyways! ;)

www.caringbridge.org/visit/travisbigham

8 comments:

Brandi said...

Wow, what a post! Brought tears to my eyes! God is so good!!! So happy for you and your family, that you are able to spend Christmas with your nephew. He looks great!! Love the family pic of everyone wearing superman shirts, that's way cool! And your Christmas cards are adorable. Hudson is huge! And all three of your angel babies are beautiful!! Happy New Year!!!

Unknown said...

So glad you are back. I still am reading here and on travis blog. Praying for you guys and praising with you guys at all the miracles so far. Your family is just beautiful as always. Glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas.

Rhonda said...

Even though I rarely comment, I read every single Caringbridge update and Facebook update. And look at every single picture! I pray for Travis' recovery and peace for you and your family every single day as well.....you are a special group, that's for sure! I am SO glad you posted your Christmas cards....I could barely see the Superman card in one of the Caringbridge photos and really wanted to see it up close!! Hudson is an ABSOLUTE DOLL! I can't believe how much he has grown....just beautiful (or handsome!)!! Your family's story is definately one filled with MIRACLES! A TRUE Christmas blessing! I love that Travis was able to give his precious Aunt Mindy a hug...wow....SUPER perfect and sweet Christmas gift! And the iPad - AWESOME GIFT!!! I can't wait to hear how Travis communicates with you all with his new iPad! I could just go on and on - just know you are certainly not forgotten....I think of you and your family often! One more thing - I had every intention of sending Travis a Christmas card and totally forget, but I sort of have a good excuse...the Caringbridge text update comes to my phone in the middle of the night so I'm usually reading the update from a sound sleep at midnight or first thing in the morning at 5:30 a.m.!!!! And by the time I get moving, I have forgotten about the Christmas card! I WILL send Travis a birthday card, though!! Take care and may you be blessed in 2011!

angie said...

love you girl, love that song and I love your heart! I am so thnkful Travis has his Aunt Mindy and her prayers...he is a miracle!

Rhonda said...

Oh goodness - one more thing - Travis looks fabulous! Just as handsome as ever!! LOVE all the pictures!!

Kimberly said...

I know you got the best Christmas pressie (as they say in Aussieland) ever! Joy TO THE WORLD! I love you so!

Kimberly said...

I know you got the best Christmas pressie (as they say in Aussieland) ever! Joy TO THE WORLD! I love you so!

Meg said...

travis could not have a better aunt mindy!! i am so so thankful you had such a wonderful, blessed Christmas. i know your sweet family needed that!! i know your precious babies made it merry and bright :)!! happy 2011--will continue praying for travis!!