Sunday, September 5, 2010

Six Weeks Since

Hi Long Lost Blogger Friends,

I know that many of you are keeping up with
our Superman's journey that I have been writing
about on Caringbridge since his accident SIX
weeks ago today. I thank you with all of my
heart and soul for praying for Travis and my family.

This is an unbelievable time in our lives.
You never really understand how
life can completely change in an instant
until it happens in YOUR life.

I covet your prayers for Travis and his
healing. He has a LONG road ahead of him
no matter what his outcome will be.
I am hoping to start doing some blogging again.
It is such an outlet for me and I want
my kids to have this "scrapbook" of their
precious, little lives. I have posts that I
had yet to share before the accident...like
Hudson's dedication at church,
our vacation and silly summer fun times.

Now, I have amazing pictures and stories
to share of how our lives have changed.
How my family has come together like
never before. How my three little children
have been our greatest source of JOY
throughout this tragedy.

PLUS...the adventures of the happiest,
most perfect SEVEN month old baby boy,
my Studman's awesome start to SECOND
GRADE, and stories of my SWEET little girl
who loves to pray for her cousin, Travis.

All of this to say that I have MUCH to share.
Our lives have taken quite a turn...
but I still want my children to have
these moments etched in their memories
forever. Whether Travis never improves
or whether he walks out of the hospital
just fine...I want Walker, Hadlee and Hudson
to forever be changed by this
just as Troy, myself and each member
of our family has been and will be.

The picture I have posted tonight is of
Trav's beautiful mother, Lynna, and his
handsome younger brother, Hunter, with
two of my sweets. Thank you with all of
my heart for praying for Travis, Lynna
and Hunter. By the grace of God,
we are all making it through this.

Jesus said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for
my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9

7 comments:

Brandi said...

I have been thinking and praying for you all. Missing your kids sweet faces too! I'll be keeping up through Caring Bridge now. Have a great day!!

Mrs. Davison said...

Mindy, I'm glad for you to blog, again. It is your way of journalling and documenting and this is a time that needs to be preserved. You all are growing and hurting. God loves you all and is with you. You are doing a wonderful job of giving all the praise to Him. You are such a great example. Stay strong and start letting your joys out, too (blogging). Lots of love & prayer!

Beth E. said...

I've missed your blogging, but I truly understand why you've had to focus on your family!

When my brother had his brain aneurysm, we went through some of the same issues you are dealing with. However, your family is dealing with much more than what we experienced!

I do understand the physical, emotional, and spiritual exhaustion that takes such a toll on everyone involved. Make sure you take care of yourself, sweet Mindy, and that everyone else in your family does the same. Tell your sister and family we are praying.

Love,
Beth

angie said...

:-)

Kimberly said...

I am in awe of how you are working, writing Caringbridge, mommying, wifing, etc etc etc! I miss your blogs so much but am so glad you are keeping everyone up to date on Travis. Love you with all my heart!

Graham said...

Saying prayers!

Graham said...

Saying prayers!